How do I restore accidentally deleted Scripts using SaveTool

Vythodias

Greetings all!

I am a luddite and not opposed to being treated as such. I don't understand most techno-babble, so please be patient if I seem... disoriented. I find myself in need of assistance regarding the scripts in Skyrim. I recently discovered that I had (forgive me if I not using the correct term) orphan scripts in my papyrus log, from a mod that I had long since uninstalled and had played many different playthroughs, but the same script consistently appeared. I probably should have left well enough alone, but I decided to download SaveTool, and used that, but fear I used it... very incorrectly. Skyrim does play, but now there is a whole new host of errors that are showing up, and I imagine these are going to be a problem at some point. Is there a way to restore the internal integrity of the game? I've deleted the core files and re-installed Skyrim, but seemingly to little effect. The errors still show up in the log. At present, I am unsure how best to proceed.

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Warm Regards,

- V -

I hate to say it, but you'll likely have to remove all mods, and start over, and reinstall each mod.

I did that once with SaveCleaner, and I could not restore my original save game.

I'd go in, use whatever MCMs you can to shutdown/prepare mods for uninstallation, and then remove them all. Then, I'd re-add them. If you downloaded the mods through NMM, they are typically in your C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods folder, and you can import from file. Then re-install each mod one at a time, then use LOOT to sort your order, and you SHOULD be good to go.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

With regards to the Mods, yes, I had given some casual thought to that; at least, in passing. I had thought that perhaps if I just deleted everything corresponding with Skyrim (Including, but not limited to the Mods) I would purge all the information and perhaps that would solve my little problem. Of course, I would be forced, to start over and as you say, 'reinstall each mod'.

*whimpers*

It certainly is worth a try and Acakutare, thank you for the suggestion. It is appreciated.

Well, that's why I backup my data directory before doing so. If you use NMM, as I said, you won't need to re-download all those mods, simply open them from file. That's what I've done.