Creating a Custom Race

apaosha

What I am trying to do is create a race that will use type3 meshes/textures with tattoos... so that only my character will have these tattoos on the Alice Body.

The GECK is rather opaque to me and I would appreciate a step-by-step guide.

So far, I managed to edit the Asian race so that all nude asian females have the body/tats ... but then they are not unique.

There are lots of mods which approach what I want to do, but most include goodhairday, which I dislike as it edits loads of NPCs in an unattractive manner.

So, can somebody tell me how exactly to create a new custom race (based on Asian, if possible), how exactly to give this race the Alice body with a tattoo texture and make it player-only?

Right click on the race you want to base it on, and choose duplicate. Highlight the duplicate race, hit F2 to rename it to whatever you want. From there, do everything you did to get the tats on everyone. If you copied a playable race, the playable box should already be checked. On the text data tab, change the name so it shows up in game however you want. Start a new game or visit pinkerton to change your player's race to that race.

Right click on the race you want to base it on, and choose duplicate. Highlight the duplicate race, hit F2 to rename it to whatever you want. From there, do everything you did to get the tats on everyone. If you copied a playable race, the playable box should already be checked. On the text data tab, change the name so it shows up in game however you want. Start a new game or visit pinkerton to change your player's race to that race.

Excellent. Kudos for you.

One question: if I base the new race on Asian, will the FaceGen presets for Asian carry over into the new race?

Yes. If you already have an asian character, and you change them over to this race that is a duplicate of the asian race, your face won't change. At least it shouldn't, and I haven't seen it happen in my experience. I'm not sure I would ever guarantee anything when it comes to the GECK.