Project Development for Veritas

mlee3141

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/SnippyChris/Veritas%20Mod%20Project/VeritasLightLogo_zps43669727.png

Echoes in the darkness, flashes behind the glass. Those fleeting moments capture a lost ideal, and reflect the wholeness of the land. When we stare into a mirror, we see not only ourselves, but the light behind our veiled eyes.

Yet the true mystery lies when those lights flicker and die. Two kings, bound through time, probe the very nature of Life and Death in an attempt to answer the ultimate question, yet were struck down by divine catastrophes. With their kingdoms razed, their research remains forever lost...

Until now. Join the Iconoclasts as they scramble to uncover ancient writings, and face off against the dissident Aedra. Journey into the depths of an icebound city, defend Skyrim from heavenly onslaught, discover the secrets of the two kingdoms, and travel to the world beyond, where it all began. Engage in an epic battle to restore balance, and put an end to Divine meddling once and for all!

Welcome to Veritas, an epic Skyrim overhaul that captures the essence of truth. It features accurate and lore-friendly stat overhauls, a plethora of imaginative quests that define your character, and a fully-fledged questline that will uncover the mysteries of mortality, and take you to the world beyond. The truth will truly set you free.

Overhaul Guidelines

Visible changes that reflect the physical traits of each race

Increased and improved skills that suit Skyrim's harsh environment

Compartmentalized, racial-based abilities

Realistic and potent poisons and potions

Reworked Vampirism and Lycanthrophy to better suite classic lore

Sundered Kingdoms Quest Overviews

1. Death Repealed: The Dragonborn notices that people are unable to die, and investigates further

2. Secular Souls: The Dragonborn meets an ancient order of scholars

3. Fallen Wrath: The Dragonborn must question a fallen Aedra in order to locate the Ruinations

4. Icebound Empire: The Dragonborn journeys to Acrenica in search of the Ruinations

5. Inferno Sanctum: The Dragonborn searches Istemond for the second half of the Ruinations

6. Dread Symphonies: The Dragonborn and Ardawyn must open a portal to Aetherius, and contain the lost souls attacking Skyrim

7. Cosmic Demise: The Dragonborn and Ardawyn travel to Aetherius, and unravel the mysteries of Life and Death

8. A New Song: The Dragonborn restored cosmic balance, and returned Death to Nirn

Team Members

Project Director : SnippyChris

Modders: SnippyChris, tx12001

Writers: mlee3141, Sarus31

Lore Expert: guantanamobayxx

Edited by mlee3141

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note for posterity:

SnippyChris is the project director of Veritas, not I. He let me post this in his stead so I can better update my descriptions and quest overviews.

I'm writing out the Sundered Kingdoms questline, as well as unique, racial-based beginning quests (think Dragon Age Origins).

Edited by mlee3141

Just a note for posterity:

SnippyChris is the project director of Veritas, not I. He let me post this in his stead so I can better update my descriptions and quest overviews.

Thank you for helping with the thread and the questline

Edited by SnippyChris

No problem. There's a lot more yet to come.

Oh, and this project is a continuation of Dungeons and Draugr. Chris and I talked it over, and we're going to re-define the racial stats, quests and add a brand-new questline. Here, take a look at the old thread:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2084739-wipdungeons-draugr-roleplaying-mod/page-1

Edited by mlee3141

...And I am Also working on this mod, I am personally covering the Supernatural side of this mod including Vampire's Werewolves, Various enemy types and Also providing a lot of the large Ideas and so on so fourth if you have any questions relating to this do ask.

Edited by tx12001

No problem. There's a lot more yet to come.

Oh, and this project is a continuation of Dungeons and Draugr. Chris and I talked it over, and we're going to re-define the racial stats, quests and add a brand-new questline. Here, take a look at the old thread:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2084739-wipdungeons-draugr-roleplaying-mod/page-1

Thats perfect mlee thanks for putting the old thread in. Yeah the questline is going to be awesome! I mean have you guys checked out Vortex of Time yet? Along with the new racial abilities and stats, we have a few surprises, don't want to spoil anything yet..

...And I am Also working on this mod, I am personally covering the Supernatural side of this mod including Vampire's Werewolves, Various enemy types and Also providing a lot of the large Ideas and so on so fourth if you have any questions relating to this do ask.

tx I couldnt think of a better person to work on this plugin that the person behind ascension and the supernatural overhaul! Thanks a lot for being apart of this project.

Wow... This is looking good!

Sarus like I was saying I want this to be one of the best mods that we can make. Not to mention I am researching how to make it modular so players can pick and choose what they want to play, and what they want to download. No massive unless they want them.

Developer Update:

• Changed how much bounty crimes cost to make Skyrim much more rewarding for criminals, and keep honest players honest.

• Made a few balance changes to High Elves have 15% weakness to magic, changed Nords frost resistance from 50% to 25%

• Changed a few more abilities for immersion purposes

• Poison will now kill you over time if you don't cure it, but will also kill NPC's as well.

• Lowered Khajiit Swimming Speed

• Raised Khajiit on land and sprint speed

• Raised Argonians Swimming speed

• Added Cure poison Recipe and is Craftable from Alchemy Lab.

This is what has been done for the Dwemer Automatons by tx12001

• Altered the Power attacks of the centurion to "knockdown" which will knock down foes whenever it uses a power attack

• Increased the level of the centurion enemy types to 30,45,60

• Boosted the centurions health by 1000, The Ballista by 750, the sphere by 500 and the spider by 250

• Automaton resistances have been altered, All Automatons now have melee resistance, 50% weakness to Frost, 50% resistance to Fire, 00% resistance to Shock and a 25% resistance to Magic

• Unique Forgemaster Centurion Boss has been boosted by 2000 health and now also knocks back the player

• Altered the combat styles of the 4 different automatons, They will be less likely to flee in combat as they are machines and they will be more aggressive to attackers

Developer Note: Now these Automatons will prove much stronger then before

Changes made to other Supernatural beings by tx12001

• Hagravens and Witches will summon Dremora in combat (Communing with Demons)

• Altered the Hagravens combat style so they are more likely to flee in combat and they will try to keep their distance when they do fight.

Developer Note: Having Hagravens summon dremora sounded like a good idea because you have Pyromancers who summon Flame Atronachs, Cyromancers who summon Frost Atronachs, Electromancers who summon Storm Atronachs and Necromancers who raise the dead but no one summons Dremora so i gave that ability to witches and Hagravens to make them more unique

• Buffed Dremora stats and given the Dremora warlock the Command Daedra and summon Flame Atronach spells

Did I also mention that I am a member of Dark Creations and friends with many of the people working on Beyond Skyrim, I also help them with pics and I wrote a book for them for that mod on the Tsaesci so i do now a lot of High level mod authors and maybe one or 2 of them could provide incite into this project.

Tonight I will work on the Atronachs, Draugr, Skeletons and maybe ghosts if I can find the time to do so. I will leave it to you however to apply the needed perks as I cannot seem to get them working correctly.

Here are the links to my Race mods.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=239609591 - Vengeful Spirit Race

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=254629732 - Elder Nord Race

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=204610663 - Undying Nord Race

Edited by tx12001