Some questions about the elder scrolls lore

noobshi

1) Why is the hero call the LAST dragonborn? Does that mean there won't be another dragonborn? The only way I see this work is that he was given birth by a dragon somehow, therefore he will the FIRST and the LAST of that kind of dragonborn.

2) What the fk are elder scrolls? We see that it was use in skyrim to travel back to time! How powerful are these thing?! i remember it said that they were created before time itself, does that mean they're more powerful than Daedric prince? What are they exactly?

3) Did the Nerevarine destroy morrowind unknowingly? I recently played morrwind and that's how I saw it. So Asura ask the nerevarine to save her people, by stoping the tribunal power. But she knows what happens when nerevarine do that...so...wtf??

4) How in the fk did the Hero of Kvatch defeated Jyggalag?! Jyggalag is feared by other princes, but the hero defeated him in his own oblivion realm?! I would understand if they fought on Nirn, because that's how dagon lost, but fighting Jyggalag where he was the strongest? Is the HoK some kind of diety?

5)Was their dragons during Septim time? There was the red dragon, but he won't kill that one for soul. But if there wasn't any dragon souls to absorb, how the hell did he shout? In skyrim, the guard dialouge stated that there wasn't dragon during septim time... so im confuse.

6)What is Alduin? They call him a "world eater" and "time god" so is he basically akatosh? On a scale with other Draeric princes, where would he be?

7)ESO takes place before tiber septim, but before that tamriel was just a big jungle, how is there building and s*** if that came after septim rule?

:cool: What's the different between Dovakin and Dragonborn? Dragonborn as in Saint Alessia(The right to rule) and Dovakin as in shouting. Because from what I've, it's the s***, you're blessed by akatosh. If so where is my throne?

That's...about most it lol

Edited by noobshi

Ok, here we go...

1; Its poetics. There is nothing, anywhere, to indicate that the Dragonborn is literally the LAST Dragonborn. You're even told in-game that there could be more.

2; The Elder Scrolls we've seen are not THE Elder Scrolls. They are copies of copies of copies, containing fragmented power of the raw creatia that is the 3 ORIGINAL Elder Scrolls. In many ways, each Scroll is like a mini-simulation of Tamriel, all of them together recording every event, and every possibility, past present and future. The 3 original Scrolls are in a deep, sealed vault beneath White-Gold (or used to be, anyway) and are likely the blueprints created by Auriel, Lorkhan and Magnus.

3; Morrowind's story is... Complicated. Azura's prohecy was 2 fold, the fall of the Tribunal and the defeat of Dagoth Ur. One could not happen without the other, and Azura sent her champion, the reincarnation of the single greatest Daedric champion in history, to defeat Dagoth Ur. Had Dagoth Ur been aloud to continue, the Corpus would have spread across Tamriel, and the world would have ended. ALL of her 'children' would have fallen to the Corpus, so Azura basically had the option of destroying Morrowind and saving SOME Dunmer, or letting ALL of them die.

4; The transition from Sheogorath-to-Jyggalag wasn't perfect. Jyggalag never returned at full strength, so the Hero of Kavatch wasn't fighting the same Prince the other Daedra were afraid of. At the same time, the Hero of Kavatch had mantled Sheogorath by this point, and WAS Sheogorath in that fight. So the Hero of Kavatch defeated no one, Sheogorath defeated Jyggalag.

5; The Guard is an inbred moron. Of course there were Dragons in Tiber Septims time. Nafalaargus actively worked FOR him. Paarthunax was still alive, as was the first dragon you encounter in Skyrim (Mir-something).

6; Alduin is part of the Aka-Tusk, the primordial manifestation of time. Alduin represents the end of time, as opposed to Akatosh who is the present. It is his purpose to eat the world at the end of every Kalpa, so that time may begin again from the point of Convention. And i do literally mean EAT. As for is he stronger than a Daedric Prince... He did kinda contribute to the creation of Mehrunes Dagon...

7; Transcription error. That's their excuse, anyway. They do hint to my pet-theory though (Which i proposed on the Bethesda forums 3 years ago... maybe i should be demanding some credit) that the Jungles of Cyrdoiil didn't change because of Talos, but because the dominant population, the Cyrods, subconsciously shaped it through the power of White-Gold tower. The most correct answer, however, is that people would have been confused if Cyrodiil was a jungle in ESO, but a generic-ass-forest in Oblivion...

As for the Dragonborn thing... they are basically the same. Alessia wasn't actually Dragonborn, but through the wearing of the Amulet of Kings was GIVEN the dragonblood as a symbol of the covenant. Reman was similar, in that he was not born Dragonborn but gained it through some weird affair he had with Alessia... And yes, i know, Alessia died more than 1000 years earlier, like i said, weird... Tiber Septim, or more properly Hjalti Early-beard, WAS Dragonborn from the onset though.

As for your throne... The Dragonborn Emperors ended with Martin's sacrifice. They are no longer needed to maintain the Dragonfires, and their claim on the throne is no more.

Ok, here we go...

1; Its poetics. There is nothing, anywhere, to indicate that the Dragonborn is literally the LAST Dragonborn. You're even told in-game that there could be more.

2; The Elder Scrolls we've seen are not THE Elder Scrolls. They are copies of copies of copies, containing fragmented power of the raw creatia that is the 3 ORIGINAL Elder Scrolls. In many ways, each Scroll is like a mini-simulation of Tamriel, all of them together recording every event, and every possibility, past present and future. The 3 original Scrolls are in a deep, sealed vault beneath White-Gold (or used to be, anyway) and are likely the blueprints created by Auriel, Lorkhan and Magnus.

3; Morrowind's story is... Complicated. Azura's prohecy was 2 fold, the fall of the Tribunal and the defeat of Dagoth Ur. One could not happen without the other, and Azura sent her champion, the reincarnation of the single greatest Daedric champion in history, to defeat Dagoth Ur. Had Dagoth Ur been aloud to continue, the Corpus would have spread across Tamriel, and the world would have ended. ALL of her 'children' would have fallen to the Corpus, so Azura basically had the option of destroying Morrowind and saving SOME Dunmer, or letting ALL of them die.

4; The transition from Sheogorath-to-Jyggalag wasn't perfect. Jyggalag never returned at full strength, so the Hero of Kavatch wasn't fighting the same Prince the other Daedra were afraid of. At the same time, the Hero of Kavatch had mantled Sheogorath by this point, and WAS Sheogorath in that fight. So the Hero of Kavatch defeated no one, Sheogorath defeated Jyggalag.

5; The Guard is an inbred moron. Of course there were Dragons in Tiber Septims time. Nafalaargus actively worked FOR him. Paarthunax was still alive, as was the first dragon you encounter in Skyrim (Mir-something).

6; Alduin is part of the Aka-Tusk, the primordial manifestation of time. Alduin represents the end of time, as opposed to Akatosh who is the present. It is his purpose to eat the world at the end of every Kalpa, so that time may begin again from the point of Convention. And i do literally mean EAT. As for is he stronger than a Daedric Prince... He did kinda contribute to the creation of Mehrunes Dagon...

7; Transcription error. That's their excuse, anyway. They do hint to my pet-theory though (Which i proposed on the Bethesda forums 3 years ago... maybe i should be demanding some credit) that the Jungles of Cyrdoiil didn't change because of Talos, but because the dominant population, the Cyrods, subconsciously shaped it through the power of White-Gold tower. The most correct answer, however, is that people would have been confused if Cyrodiil was a jungle in ESO, but a generic-ass-forest in Oblivion...

As for the Dragonborn thing... they are basically the same. Alessia wasn't actually Dragonborn, but through the wearing of the Amulet of Kings was GIVEN the dragonblood as a symbol of the covenant. Reman was similar, in that he was not born Dragonborn but gained it through some weird affair he had with Alessia... And yes, i know, Alessia died more than 1000 years earlier, like i said, weird... Tiber Septim, or more properly Hjalti Early-beard, WAS Dragonborn from the onset though.

As for your throne... The Dragonborn Emperors ended with Martin's sacrifice. They are no longer needed to maintain the Dragonfires, and their claim on the throne is no more.

Oh dam, I thought people would answers a few at a time but thanks :D. Some of these question bugs me a bit, thank for clearing it up. I still want to be king though :[

Lachdonin as usually answered all your questions, but I'd like to add that you don't need to slay a dragon to learn a Shout. The Greybeards e.g. learned them through decades of meditation and training. The Dragonborn only has access to a "shortcut".

--off-topic--

I'm still a little confused about the military strenght of the Thu'um. There's an in-game journal of how a "young" Tongue was used to tear down the gate of some Dragon Cult stronghold. Not even the LDB can cause that much Havok with this Shouts, and the Greybeards have to train for decades to use even a few words.

There's shouts that open huge dimensional rifts, shouts that call forth undead dragons etc, shouts in Skyrim are damn powerful, fusrodah is simply a very, very basic shout. Which is why it's the first one you learn and pretty weak at lower ranks.

Some shouts are horribly up-scaled, such as Bend Will (only Jorgen Windcaller seems to have been able to actually subvert others to his will, all other possible examples of it are more like subtle persuasion) while others, such as Fire Breath are much weaker than they should be...

It should be noted, too, that the individual Tongue is a heavy factor. Most Tongues were relatively weak, and the PGE talks about whole formations of them being used to knock down gates by combining their Thu'um. The warrior referenced in Skyrim was clearly of exceptional power to be able to do it on his own.

I would also posit that, outside of game mechanics, shouts are like any other skill -- the more you practice, the better you get. Yes, the Dragonborn have access to an instinctive understanding of shouts and how to use them, which gives them a leg up over users who must study to learn shouts. Take that advantage and combine it with experience, and the Tongue will be quite powerful.

Searching for word walls and using dragon souls to unlock shouts are game mechanics. The lore indicates that you actually learn shouts through absorbing the dragon soul. Since shouts are language, in theory, you'd only need to absorb one soul. On the other hand, it could be that the knowledge of shouts exists on an instinctive level until the Dragonborn sees the written word, when it becomes accessible on a conscious level.