Oblivion mods wont work

hirokuvii

This is my first time playing oblivion on the PC but i played it on the xbox. But i am having trouble with the mods i get em from nexus. I use Oblivion mod engine and i click create, add archive and choose the winrar file and then create omod, then i click on the mod and hit activate. I have all the mods under program files - Bestheda Softworks - oblivion - data. I have all the the mods checked when i launch the game and they are all in .esp format.

for some mods, they say omod ready, that means that you can follow the procedure you just said, but otherwise, you should open the winrar, 7z, zip file and such copy the texture, meshes, .esp, sounds, music, and other similar files into the oblivion/data directory. (or and easier way to do this is just to copy all of the files into your oblivion/ data directory without regard for what files they are)

Another thing to mention is that oblivion should not be installed into your program files, instead it should be installed into your c drive under bethesda softworks/

Truth be told, no games should be installed into the program files location due to reasons that i dont feel like explaining, but it has to do with admin rights and such, and even with admin rights it still doesn't work as it should

then in your oblivion mod manager, you can activate all of your mods, and adjust your load order, don't ask me about BOSS or Wyre Bash, as i use none of them with absolutely 0 problems

Make sure you have a form of archive invalidation in use. I use bsa redirection ( it is in utilities in OBMM).For a mod that does not have the information for OBMM to create an OMOD, but has many esp choices- install the meshes,textures,sound,voices and the esps you need to use into a folder in Documents.Use Create Omod and select "add folder" instead of "add archive". When you have the mod working in your game,then you can delete the information inside the folder to create another OMOD. This method also works for a mod that requires two or more downloads to work,like many stores and quest mods. As GODSBANE123456 said, if Oblivion(or Steam) is installed in the default location C:Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion and you have Windows Vista or 7 as your Operating System, You should change where the game is installed on your hard drive. I use C:Games instead of C:Program Files. I do not have User Account Controls stopping my modded game from working. To change where Oblivion is installed copy your oblivion folder and put it someplace safe, Use the disc to erase Oblivion and to reinstall it outside of Program Files, then overwrite the "new" installation with your original Oblivion folder. You can edit your desktop icons for OBMM,Wrye Bash,etc... to work with the new location.

If you are running the game on Vista or Win7, reinstall the game to C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks. Then, if you are not using the GOTY edition, patch your game to the latest version. Many mods are created with the most recent version of TESCS (a plugin editing utility) and the game must be patched in order for those to work.

Latest Official Patch - http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_patches.htm

Take your time learning how to go about mods before throwing them onto your setup. Mods can make things messy pretty quickly if you do not know what you are doing. You should test as you add mods anyway in order to more easily pin down problems.

Starters Guide - http://tesivpositive.animolious.com/#starters_guide <-- This will walk you through the installation of most of the major tools and the basics of mod usage. Feel free to ask any questions if you have trouble.

How do i install it some where else, all i know is the spot where u can choose to put it when installing oblivion and i just choose ACER (C:) then i make a random new folder and store everything in there but when i install Oblivion mod manager it says it cant find the bethesda softworks folder so i cant use that manager. Also it does the same thing as when its on program files like it cant read 3/4 the mods.

How do i install it some where else, all i know is the spot where u can choose to put it when installing oblivion and i just choose ACER (C:) then i make a random new folder and store everything in there but when i install Oblivion mod manager it says it cant find the bethesda softworks folder so i cant use that manager. Also it does the same thing as when its on program files like it cant read 3/4 the mods.

As long as you created your own folder on the C:\ drive, Oblivion is installed outside of UAC protection, which is good? Is it installed in such a folder now? Try reinstalling to C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks. OBMM should only need the Oblivion folder, not the BethSoft folder. I used to have Oblivion installed directly on my D drive (D:\Oblivion.)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for bad english, im from sweden, so please understand.

Ive got this prob too.

e.g. when i start up oblivion with a alternative start mod, i start up in the prison :sad:

PLEASE HELP I CANT PLAY OBLIVION WITHOUT MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive got this prob too.

e.g. when i start up oblivion with a alternative start mod, i start up in the prison :sad:

Do you have the game reinstalled out of the default folder, and do you have all of the prerequisites for the alternate start mod installed?

Ive got this prob too.

Do you have the game reinstalled out of the default folder, and do you have all of the prerequisites for the alternate start mod installed?

'

Yeah i deleted all the mods and reinstalled the game to the default folders and i newly checked the .esp locations, and all of them are in the data folder!

And this mod dosent require anything ( only that no other alternative start mods are checked off in the data files).

PS i run other mods like elsweyr the deserts off anequina, the anequina manor mod and clear weather mod.btw thanks for replying :biggrin:

Install the game outside of the default folder, not to the default folder. Please, post your load order here - http://tesivpositive.animolious.com/?page=know_how_to#PostYourLoadOrder

I don't understand how you could have deleted all of your mods yet have them in the Data folder. Excuse me, if I am misunderstanding you.