Oblivion mods wont work

hirokuvii

Install the game outside of the default folder, not to the default folder. Please, post your load order here - http://tesivpositive.animolious.com/?page=know_how_to#PostYourLoadOrder

I don't understand how you could have deleted all of your mods yet have them in the Data folder. Excuse me, if I am misunderstanding you.

thanks for the help, gonna try this now :thumbsup:

Install the game outside of the default folder, not to the default folder. Please, post your load order here - http://tesivpositive.animolious.com/?page=know_how_to#PostYourLoadOrder

I don't understand how you could have deleted all of your mods yet have them in the Data folder. Excuse me, if I am misunderstanding you.

thanks for the help, gonna try this now :thumbsup:

Okay. Don't forget to post your LO after the rebuild. Remember to reference the guide too...

• 1 year later...

Hey guys. My problem with mods is that inside the data folder the game does not create the texture and mesh folder. So when i get a mod i take the folders from winrar that say Texture and mesh and put them into the data folder. Is that ok?. I have the samehada mod from the seven swords men mods. And before when the game DID create these folders by itself (at least i think it did) i did not have this problem. Now i've downloaded another mod called keyblades. And in this mod there is a book to tell you the locations of the keyblades. Now i've found the BOOK but none of the swords appear in world.

However, the akatosh mount mod DOES work. I'm hoping this problem is just about the weapon folder.

I hate typing, and voice 2 voice is way easier so if anyone would be so kind as to skype me

Thanks a lot.

Edited by SethLX

Hey guys. My problem with mods is that inside the data folder the game does not create the texture and mesh folder. So when i get a mod i take the folders from winrar that say Texture and mesh and put them into the data folder. Is that ok?. I have the samehada mod from the seven swords men mods. And before when the game DID create these folders by itself (at least i think it did) i did not have this problem. Now i've downloaded another mod called keyblades. And in this mod there is a book to tell you the locations of the keyblades. Now i've found the BOOK but none of the swords appear in world.

However, the akatosh mount mod DOES work. I'm hoping this problem is just about the weapon folder.

I hate typing, and voice 2 voice is way easier so if anyone would be so kind as to skype me

Thanks a lot.

Yep you did install it correctly. Vanilla Oblivion do not have meshes and textures folder to start with because it uses its archived files for the game. Before starting the game make sure you have OBMM installed and update your archive by going to Utilities and choose Archive Invalidation then choose BSA Redirection. This should update to your meshes and textures hopefully.

• 9 months later...
hey im having this problem too but im using steam version, so how do i completly uninstall from program files(x86) in order to install fresh in c:games? do i delete the oblivion folder from the program files (x86) after copying it somewhere safe? do you download the game from steam then get to choose where to install it or is it just auto installing where it was before?

Here's a link to Bben46's wiki article Oblivion reinstall procedure. Don't miss the link near the top of the page about moving your Steam install location, and also don't skip the part about registry cleaning ... it's important.

• 11 months later...