Heavy Traffic ×

Games like Skyrim

Elpisaur

Hello everybody, about 3 months ago I created this video in which I noted 5 games that are fairly similar to Skyrim.

Since then I have completed all 5 games with my girlfriend and we've gotten pretty bored with video games, have any of you got any suggestions for games we'd might enjoy?

If not, I hope my video atleast helped you discover a game or two http://skyrimforums.org/sf/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png incase you did watch it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Skyrim, elders scroll series, and fallout 3 series have set the bench mark in gaming for me, no other game that I am aware of offer open plan worlds, player male or female, adult contents, companion choices, outfit and weapons choices.

sadly fc 4 failed, lets hope me4 will meet this bench mark.

• 4 weeks later...

there are SO MANY good games out there, not just equal but better than skyrim. of course the gameplay or story might not be a carbon copy of skyrim obviously, but the experience is just as enjoyable. you just have to open your mind and let go of that "skyrim boundary"

actually i've seen that same fixation on some people. not with skyrim, but other games. some will not play anything that is not GTA, others won't play anything that is not Need for Speed, regardless of how good the alternatives are.

some go as far as neglecting newer versions of the same game. for instance, a person i know ONLY plays GTA San Andreas, and is unable to see beyond that.

another one ONLY plays NFS Most Wanted (the 2005 one) and i wonder WHY???

have you ever tried S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? those are awesome!, specially with mods!, the latest Castlevania, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Devil May Cry 4 (5 is good too but 4 is better imo).

i could keep going on and on, but there are SO MANY that it would take too long. just go out and play!

• 1 month later...

games for me and I guess others > we are more concerned with the mechanics of the game, if I want a good story then I watch a video, but if I want to play a game then I need to control the game which means non melee weapons must have a aiming cursor, allowing me to decide who or what i kill and how (headshots etc). I have tried many games where the game decides where to shoot and you just hold shot button and look at targets, to me this is so boring. so now I will not buy any game that does not allow me to aim at targets. as I only play single player mode, having a companion and the choice of male or female for me and companion is also very important, so as you see > these maybe reasons why people stay with certain games. sadly this does limits game choices,

my pet hate with people recommending and reviewing games is that they focus on story line and mostly neglect true game play control which in my opinion should be in the first 2 lines of any review, rpg, shooter, action, etc are too broad and don't describe game play, skyrim is rpg open world as is dragon age inquisition but are totally different in control, the latter is a hold fire button down and just move around, rather than move, aim and shoot.

so next time someone says games like skyrim > this could mean different things to different people.

• 4 weeks later...

Heh, I LOVED half liife 2 and waited with baited breath for its episodes and... was really disappointed. I'm not sure if its the content that was disappointing or my wholly unrealistic expectations by this point.

If you're looking for another Skyrim OP you're probably wasting your time. There are plenty of other non-skyrim games out there worth discovering if people would escape their closed mindset which its easy to fall into if you so totally fall for one game and can't quite accept it's over.

Edited by soupdragon1234