LOOT or/and TES5edit not working properly. Any suggestions why?

Deleted16698479User

Hi,

So I'm pretty sure that either one of these programs doesn't work properly, why? Because whenever I try to clean (using TES5edit) a mod from dirty edits, that I've seen in the loot report, and then run loot afterwards, the same dirty edits will appear like nothing has changed.

I'm fairly sure that TES5edit is working fine, since I have used it to fix CTD on startups without any problems. But again I can't be sure.

I know that there can be problems with TES5edit not having permission to edit the game files. That isn't the case since I'm running it as admin.

I'm attaching a screenshot showing an eksample of me trying to clean a specific mod.

I hope that any of you guys can help?

- Matias

Pretty sure ALL of those mods are not gonna be masters of the file your trying to clean....

You only load the mod you are cleaning, TES5Edit will load any files necessary so....

When you first open XXedit, Right click and Select "none" (in the pop-up) , Click only the mod you are going to clean, xxedit will do the rest, (loading any other files necessary), do the cleaning. Close xxedit and it will ask you to save, save and make sure "backup" is still checked.

IT looks like you have selected something other then just the "Filer for cleaning" as it will not look like that when just cleaning.

Back-ups are saved to ...Data\TES5Edit backups

Maybe these pictuers will help.

Here I show that I do pick "apple filter for cleaning"

http://i.imgur.com/lcGgN4G.png

And here that I did use the "Remove ITM records".

http://i.imgur.com/oVAbQmS.png

It is saying "removed records 0" it is properly because it isn't the first time I'm trying to clean the mod. The problem is that LOOT doesn't recognize the change :-(

the PIC's show now that you are doing it properly....check the "backup" folder for the Original dirty mod. the mods is already clean if showing (0) ITM's... :smile:

What version of LOOT are you using.....I am using v7 and it always knows i have cleaned my mods. Do you "sort" then "apply" the load order in loot?

EDIT to add: this is what LOOT v7 has to say after all my cleaning..

Summary
Masterlist Revision c6b9d74
Masterlist Date 2014-09-01
Warnings 0
Errors 1<<<Riften Trees....hmmm author says its ok to use both...lol
Total Messages 26
Active Plugins 253
Dirty Plugins 0 <<<<
Total Plugins 253<<<man now i have to start merging mods...lol
Edited by camaro_69_327