• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

jaime74

jaime74

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,064 posts
@alipaliking:
I wonder if people will ever learn to read back at least one or two posts before asking a question ;)

DragonKnightBob

DragonKnightBob

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Thoroughly enjoying the mod so far (taking it slow and only progressing when I'm in the general area of the next stage), so I'm off to see the widow right now. I loved the voice of Phintias, by the way; I wish more mods gave VO to vanilla characters, it's much more immersive even if they don't sound 100% accurate.

My question is, does anyone know where I could find the Imperial Isle compatibility patch that was mentioned around the time this mod was at v2.2? Old Nadara's going to break an ankle trying to get out of her house with the way it's floating, but I've been unable to dig anything up searching independently.

I'm sure this has been asked before, so I apologize for dredging up old ghosts; good ol google wasn't helping though, so I thought it'd be best to ask the expert!

jaime74

jaime74

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,064 posts
@DragonKnightBob:
Thanks for you feedback. I am happy to hear that you are enjoying it, especially the voices!

Concerning the UL Imperial Isle patch: Of course I could just send it to you or upload it once more, but I'd strongly recommend against it. It is very outdated and relates to an outdated version of UL. As far as I can remember, Vorians (from the UL team) was so nice to spend some additional efforts on removing any possible pathgrid conflicts, so any UL II version after the one that was causing the conflicts then should be safe now.

Given that you are using the latest versions of all mods, I am sure that there must be another reason for your issue.
First of all, I need to check whether UL II has been updated in the meantime. Maybe there's a new conflict?
Can you tell me the exact version you are using?

Btw, the voice of Phintias required some fumbling around with Audacity effects, but it was fun to record. It was even more fun with Old Nadara (you'll be listening to her soon). Acting as an old woman was quite an experience! :)

DragonKnightBob

DragonKnightBob

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Herro again,

Solved my problem; I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. I also have Adense Epic Dungeon installed which also has an Imperial Isle patch that I was using; deactivated it and the floating building went away.

I've completed the mod now, and you were right, I thoroughly enjoyed Nadara, though I'm a little surprised it was you! It was so well done, I thought you'd gotten a female friend of yours to stand in for her.

Definitely going to be holding onto this mod in my 'keepers' pile. Endorsed!

jaime74

jaime74

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,064 posts
@DragonKnightBob:
I am glad to hear this, and thanks for reporting it anyway, because it reveals a hitherto unknown imcompatibility. I was already aware that Adense Epic Dungeon places a terrifyingly dominant daedric portal right in Nadara's front yard (giving her life an additional thrill at least), but that wouldn't conflict in technical terms. But now I know that the combination of Adense Epic Dungeon and its related UL patch is actually incompatible with my mod.

I thoroughly enjoyed Nadara, though I'm a little surprised it was you!

As said, it's a combination of acting, Audacity's standard sound FX and also the right drinks to keep your throat gruff like a grater (and you shouldn't bother about your neighbors possibly wondering what's an old raven doing in your appartment) ;)

AnDorchadas

AnDorchadas

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Hello again!

This is really nitpicky and might be a long shot, but is there any way to turn off the sound when the blade recharges? I have quest popups turned off, so it's driving me insane thinking that quests keep updating in the background. :confused:

jaime74

jaime74

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,064 posts
@ AnDorchadas: I assume you're talking about the "ping" sound that notifies you whenever recharging is complete. I'll have a look at this and let you know asap. I'll try to create a version that replaces this notification with a silent sound (which is equivalent to disabling it). If it works, I'll upload it as an optional patch.

Edited by jaime74, 22 November 2012 - 07:28 AM.

jaime74

jaime74

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,064 posts
@AnDorchadas:
I've prepared a patch that disables the sound notifications and sent you a download link in a PM.
Can you please check it out and tell me whether it works as expected?
Once you let me know that it works, I'll upload the patch officially.
Thanks!

jaime74

jaime74

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,064 posts
Possible incompatibility detected: Oblivion Magic Extender (OBME)!

It has been reported that there are some issues using this mod together with JRoush's Oblivion Magic Extender (OBME).
Please read this post for more details.

I'll try to find the time to check for a workaround/patch, but cannot promise to do this quickly.
For now I recommend to disable OBME only as long as you are playing the "nightmare" parts of my quest. That should bypass any problems.

I'll post any solution to this here once it should become available.

Edited by jaime74, 08 October 2013 - 07:46 PM.

jaime74

jaime74

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,064 posts
@SMTitas:
Are you aware that you are posting a plain spoiler here?

what should I do?

I'll send you a PM in a minute. Follow the instructions inside, i.e. run the given console commands, then send me the results in a PM.

Page loaded in: 1.501 seconds