Latest Radeon drivers.

Talonvarr

I am still using the Radeon 14.4 driver suite (Radeon HD6850 video card) but now I see that the 14.9 drivers were recently released. Has anyone tried the new driver package yet? Any bugs or quirks while playing Skyrim?

I use Nvidia...BUT I volunteer YOU to install the Driver, Test with Skyrim and Report back ...then everyone will have the answer!!!

Lol Just kidding, I would do it if Nvidia... :smile:

LOL!

For years I have compared Nvidia to Radeon and the results are always the same. Nvidia has the faster framerate and pixel pumping engine, while Radeon has the better picture quality (sharpness and color palette, imho) with respectable speed. But Radeon drivers can be such a bee-otch the reinstall because so many old files are left on the HDD even after using AMD's own uninstall program. And of course both manufacturers are still including multi-monitor support, SLI, CD and DVD playback, on-board sound (on a video card?? Sacrilege!!) etc...etc... to sweeten the deal.

At one point back in the 90's there was a third party software developer claiming that their product would allow ANY two (or more) video cards to work in tandem by using a series of caches to leverage the various combined clock and processing elements. But sadly the firm went under and the project withered and died. Damn. THAT would have been a dream come true for us gamers (and work stations.) Would be funny to see my current HD6850 linked up to several cards and ending with my old STB/Tseng card.

<sigh> Sooo, I will likely take the plunge some time in the next few days and battle with the new Radeon drivers. Wish me luck and send cookies please.

Talonvarr

The best thing to do before installing drivers is to make a windows restore point before installing (if it's not setup to do this automatically.) If anything goes wrong, you can just restore your computer to right before you installed the driver.