Special Case Request

arkbg1

Responses per that sticky guide:

1. "n00b"

A: Not n00bish. Poweruser who regretfully has (after 3 days work) decided he has to waste your valuable time, else give up.

2. "afraid of work"

A: I'm not afraid of work, just please only respond if you're willing to deal with special exception cases. I've been trying every generic fix Google can find.

3. "There is NO magic bullet fix"

A: This is the reason I decided to post here. I love you.

4. "short description of your problem"

A: CTD after opening video. Immediately before the CTDs' began I had been trouble shooting the invisible "No Decal" fire rune problem.

5. "rambling wall of text"

A: Found out that skyrimlauncher.exe lacks a low setting for decals and had to switch it from No Decal to Mid Decal to fix that problem. I think I also checked the other settings in launcher, possibly tweaked some fade distances, lowered some things, and maybe tested the quick settings for Low and Mid level graphics. I have gone back and attempted to recreate all previous settings (including No Decals) but nothing has gotten me past the opening video.

6. "Can computer handle game"

A: Before this problem, skyrim had been working fine for years off and on with occassional problems here and there that Ive always been able to fix myself. Belarc log for details - http://pastebin.com/Cc8UpgBR

7. HD Path= C:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\

8. LOOT

A: "Windows XP is no longer supported." <-- this was actually what inspired me to come here to ask for special case trouble shooting.

9. BOSS log

10. suggestions: polite, profanity, punctuation, shorthand, abbreviations, THANKS, new info, hijacking, :thumbsup:

A: :thumbsup: