Naked carry weight - restore to zero

Robinsage

Howdy folks.

So with everything removed from my character I still have a carry weight of over 300. I have a few mods that adds weight from gold and arrows, but even with those gone the carry weight is way too high. I don't want to use the player.modav command, I just want to restore my naked carry weight to zero and can't find a console command to do so.

Any suggestions?

Wait a minute...

Carry weight is the max weight you can carry.

Inventory weight is the weight of items in your inventory.

With a completely naked PC you should be at 0 / 300 which means 0 inventory weight of 300 carry weight.

Anyway if you want to set either value rather than modify it, just use SetAV rather than ModAV.

Use player.showinventory to make sure you really aren't carrying some hidden item that has weight. Inventory weight is recalculated frequently by the game and it's not simply adjusted up or down based on the most recently added item. If it is still wrong then a script must have modified it and you'll have to use ModAV (but with a negative number not zero).

• 2 years later...

I actually found out why I was having 250/450 when naked. Sawn logs! For building my house. When you buy logs they are stored in your secret inventory. That makes no sense at all. Now I need to find a way to use it. I checked Creation Kit and it is set to 0. So I dont understand why I get so much itemweight from it.

Edited by Tesshin20

Sawn logs are meant to be an invisible token in your inventory and they are weightless. You must have some mod that gave them weight. Some folks go too far down the "immersion" path and think that every time in the game must have weight without realizing the game uses invisible items to keep track of things (like how many logs you've bought).

I actually found out why I was having 250/450 when naked. Sawn logs! For building my house. When you buy logs they are stored in your secret inventory. That makes no sense at all. Now I need to find a way to use it. I checked Creation Kit and it is set to 0. So I dont understand why I get so much itemweight from it.

Thats fine about the sawn logs ofc.

I do seem to have hidden items in my inventory from testing some mod far earlier in my current playthrough. How do I remove those items?

Try this. Find two or more containers that are near each other. Make sure that they are empty and that they are real containers rather than activators that open hidden containers. Transfer everything you can actually see and manually move into one container. Bring up the console and click on a different empty container, make a note of its displayed reference id number.

Type the following in the console: Player.RemoveAllItems ContainerRefID

If done correctly, everything remaining in your inventory will be transferred to the designated container. Confirm your weight is corrected, then you can open up the container(s) and retrieve your items. Do not do the take all command but rather take them one at a time. Since they are hidden items you won't see them in the container to take them manually.

Should the containers you used be set to respawn, then sometime later you won't ever have to worry about the hidden items again.

However, it may not work since they came from a mod that no longer exists. It very well could crash the game if it tries to move them. I honestly don't know what will happen.