Todays list of troubles. Scripts, extenders and dragons. Oh my.

UgTheViking

Hey there-

Well, we're off to a great start this morning. When the game first starts, whether I continue or load a save, I am getting three different messages. The first says, 'Character Making Extender- System found CME face data but you use vanilla face (Which I don't) , Do you want to revert to CME face, then it list the options, yes, no, choose at next time. No matter what I do I continue to get the message.

Next, I am getting the message ' Detected script conflict at playervampirequest script.pex , with yes and no option to display message again. I am getting the same message with companionshousekeeping script. pex.

So, what is this wizardy and how may I fix it?

And I do not know if it is connected or not , but when I kill Milmunir at the western watch tower, no dragon soul is absorbed. I have reloaded a few times with the same result. A dead dragon just laying there and everyone else standing around like it's a good time for a picnic or something.

And that is how my day of adventuring has started. Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and play on.

Oh, and my mouse pointer has started showing up on my Skyrim screen. What's up with that?

Edited by UgTheViking

Ok dude, thing is I'm having same problem as you. All 3 things are happening to me, plus CTD. Thing is tho, you didn't include your load out, system specs, or any info. No one can help you if you don't add more info. There's even a sticky at the top of this forum "How to ask for help". Please read it.

That said, I'll let you know if I figure out why the conflicting scripts messages and the face message, I'll let u know.

You can follow my post here, and I'll follow you.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2216154-ctd-papyrus-help-pls/

Ok, I am having no luck copy/pasting load order from LOOT. Yes, I read the 'how to' page. Hitting ctrl + v is doing nothing here for pasting mod list or operating system. The paste buttons in upper right are doing nothing for me either.

AMD 4100 quad core

AMD Radeon 6700 series

8.2 GB

Windows 7 Home, 64 bit

Update on the dragon problem. Installing the absorb dragon soul spell mod, worked for me. Where as just installing the absorb dragon soul scpripts mod did not.

Thanks for the reply. Will keep looking.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't play with mouse, so I can't help you with that (I use xbox controller). I don't mean to bump an ancient thread, but I'm wondering if you (UG) ever worked out the script conflicts. I was having very similar script conflicts in one of the game set ups I have. I could try to revive that game and fix the CTD it's having. I still don't really have a complete game setup that I like enough to play all the way through. (have all CTDing game set ups saved to fix later if I can think of a way to fix).