Place looks like a grave yard.

kvnchrist

Hopefully, the tumbleweeds and cobwebs are not lurking in the not-so-distant future.

I enjoy this "debates" forum because I am tired of sites where your political alliance is how you and your opinion are judged...NOT by content and legitimacy.

i post here (on occasion) for, fore, four reasons...:)

! - Folks here are intelligent and open-minded.

2 - A bit of an international flavor.

3 - Threads aren't riddled with personal insults .

4 - I play Oblivion, skyrim, fallout and fallout NV. :smile:

Edited by edgeburner

Hopefully, the tumbleweeds and cobwebs are not lurking in the not-so-distant future.

I enjoy this "debates" forum because I am tired of sites where your political alliance is how you and your opinion are judged...NOT by content and legitimacy.

i post here (on occasion) for, fore, four reasons... :smile:

! - Folks here are intelligent and open-minded.

2 - A bit of an international flavor.

3 - Threads aren't riddled with personal insults .

4 - I play Oblivion, skyrim, fallout and fallout NV. :smile:

What? No Morrowind? I highly recommend it. :)

A graveyard indeed ... but it's seasonal ... things will change when Fallout 4 arrives ... new blood, new mods, new life, new money.

Nexus is still IMHO the best modding site there is ... no need to drop the standards set here just to draw a crowd.

Oh good grief..the reason why there is a decline in posting..... there has not been a gripping controversial topic posted in a dog's age.

-We in the US are less than a week away from mid terms with serious consequences yet no one has said a thing.

-We have a burgeoning medical crisis in West Africa with the networks plugging possible plague migrating here nightly.

-We also have another half-assed war implementation in Syria in progress (someone evidently learned nothing from LBJ's mistakes).

It's not hard..post something current...take a stand.

Contrivercy. Let's see, I've posted about the Ebola thing and it got about 4-5 hits and then it went cold. I've posted about politics and those who assume that I bring up an angle on an issue that I automatically have a leaning, which to me is nonsence. Chosing between the two cancers that have taken over the political spectrum of the country is to chose which side to be consumed by.

Idealogues set in the background, refraining to contributing to anything other than to posts they don't want discussed. When such issues arrise they come out of the woodwork and snarl at everyone. I realy don't want to feed these people, even though by their very actions they confirm many of my points about the attitudes of idealogues. The reason for that is twofold.

(!) I don't want to bring grief to the mods, who have to police up this place and

(2) I really don't want to loose it on some of these highly intelligent but hopelessly lost individuals who are so enslaved by angst and ideology they wouldn't know an original thought if it bit them.

I set those in the same order of priority I keep them. I am far less important than the site itself and if what I do here jepardizes the debate area by attracting toxic people to spew their anger and frustration then what's the point?

I would like to see important issues myself, but I would also like to keep things civil and I'm not quite sure just how to do that, other than saying Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead and let things land where they land. That in itself might be the end of the debate area, sence sooner or latter the antics of some will push this area beyond the paiance of those with the power to pull it's plug.

What is needed is maturity, self disipline and a strong sense of where we all set in the world we live in. We might be passionate about our beliefs, but if we are so sure of ourselves that we can not give the same respect and space we want for ourselves then why are we here at all? Why even log onto any site, if we already know all the answers? This place is not meant for any of us to capitalize on but to be apart of, as it is for ny site. We are just geusts here, surrounded by other guests and some have missed that fact, altogether. I hope they will come around, some day to seeing that.

kvnchrist, don't take my comments as a commentary on your OP's, it's just a general subjective observation. It takes time to construct a good debate premise so I am sympathetic to those that do, but if I am ambivalent to the premise then my participation is not likely.

I have no issue with what you said, my friend. What I said was something I think needed to be said. Discussion is a group effort and one that needs to be productive, not destructive. I've seen too many people who are so full of themselves they leave little room for anyone else. This has been the bain of many debait sites and some have been completely confuscated by peronalities browbeating eachother with their egos.