Skyrim Crashes when leaving cell, new game does not fix it, disabling all mods crashes game.

RoaringLight

Hi nexus community Recently ive been playing skyrim. I made sure to clean up all the mods with dirty edits with Tes5edit and place everything in order with LOOT (I made sure all my files were in order) when I opened my game it goes through the logo screen and im able to load my game the problem is I cannot leave a cell, for example I can't leave breeze home to get into whiterun I tryed using the console code coc- whiterun morthal windhelm ect etc and it doesn't go it just stutters for 3 second but doesnt bother to go or even come up with a loading screen I even tryed making a new save but It does the same. I cannot go into town and I am unable to leave a cell. All I can do is use the "COC" code to enter other cells. Trying to leave the cells to enter skyrim or any town/city/open world area isnt possible. My game comes up with the loading screen and instantly crashes if I disable all my mods. My mods arent the problem I'm almost sure. I even tryed disabling all my mods but whats even worse is doing so causing my game to crash on the logo start up. I really dont know what to do anymore and its really stressing me out. My computer is more than able to handle skyrim and I can run it at a decent 30-35 fps constantly even with 191 mods installed so I know it isnt graphical. Its started happening recently out of the blue. Someone please help :sad:. I repeat I already checked for incompatibilitys even removing one mod at a time and I either crash on the logo/crash when loading a save/crash when starting a new game/or STILL crash when trying to leave a cell to a town,city,open world area. Below I attached my plugins.txt if anyone know whats the issue or can somehow help I would be tremendously grateful....

Edited by RoaringLight

Your attachement for your plug-ins isn't showing, BUT, I can still help you with this below :)

try this mini guide I have developed over time, works for a LOT of people and it's really easy :smile:

1) You need to run LOOT, Wrye Bash and TES5Edit, in that order

Loot is not 100% and if that is all you're using you're going to have many problems as you progress through your play through, BOSS is no longer being supported and thus is out of date with newer mods.

1.5 ) with many mods loaded, you should be using 2 other programs ( Wrye Bash and TES5Edit ), when you run Wrye Bash if any checkmarks are not green, those mods are causing problems in your game, you make them turn green by dragging them up or down in your load order in wrye bash till they do turn green, ok that's one problem

2) with many mods loaded into your game you HAVE to have either a merged patch or bashed patch file, once again Wrye Bash is your friend because it will automatically make you a bashed patch file when it loads your mods. A bashed patch file makes all your weapon and armor and other mods play nice together, it also keeps track of leveled lists in the game and makes them work better together also. One other thing, make sure you enable ( check mark ) the bashed patch Wrye Bash makes, then right click it and choose rebuild patch as the one Wrye Bash makes is empty, which should always be last in your load order unless you're using an ENB or the Reproccer. DO NOT USE A MERGED PATCH AND A BASHED PATCH AT THE SAME TIME, ONE OR THE OTHER.

3) TES5EDIT is used to do 2 things,

(A) verify that your load order is not missing any files that your mods need and

(B) verify that no primary files are being loaded after secondary files. When you run TES5EDIT it will throw up an error box and the error will be displayed at the bottom of the right pane / panel. All you have to do is read what it says and it will tell you exactly how to fix the problem in Wrye Bash. Yes, you can open Wrye Bash while TES5EDIT is open so you don't even have to write down what the error is :smile:

Please remember that while LOOT is a great program it is NOT 100 %

- concerning what the red, orange, and green check marks mean

Red means a missing master file - basically a guaranteed CTD on startup. Orange means that some ESP has requested its master files in an order that is different to the the order that you currently have them in. Orange mods are arguably more dangerous, because you won't necessarily get an immediate CTD every time, so you may be lulled into a false sense of security, whereas in reality you have an unstable load order.

Clicking on the orange/red mods will show you what masters they have, and what order they want them in. From here on in, it becomes like a puzzle: you need to manually drag and drop the various masters in your load order until their order is harmonious ( IE:. you've managed to provide the desired order of master files for every single ESP in your list simultaneously ) and all of your oranges have disappeared. If it's not possible to eliminate all orange mods, you may need to ditch one or two mods/patches.

All the files in here are in my siggy, just run them in the order I have them listed

Let me know if you need any more help :smile:

Your attachement for your plug-ins isn't showing, BUT, I can still help you with this below :smile:

try this mini guide I have developed over time, works for a LOT of people and it's really easy :smile:

1) You need to run LOOT, Wrye Bash and TES5Edit, in that order

Loot is not 100% and if that is all you're using you're going to have many problems as you progress through your play through, BOSS is no longer being supported and thus is out of date with newer mods.

1.5 ) with many mods loaded, you should be using 2 other programs ( Wrye Bash and TES5Edit ), when you run Wrye Bash if any checkmarks are not green, those mods are causing problems in your game, you make them turn green by dragging them up or down in your load order in wrye bash till they do turn green, ok that's one problem

2) with many mods loaded into your game you HAVE to have either a merged patch or bashed patch file, once again Wrye Bash is your friend because it will automatically make you a bashed patch file when it loads your mods. A bashed patch file makes all your weapon and armor and other mods play nice together, it also keeps track of leveled lists in the game and makes them work better together also. One other thing, make sure you enable ( check mark ) the bashed patch Wrye Bash makes, then right click it and choose rebuild patch as the one Wrye Bash makes is empty, which should always be last in your load order unless you're using an ENB or the Reproccer. DO NOT USE A MERGED PATCH AND A BASHED PATCH AT THE SAME TIME, ONE OR THE OTHER.

3) TES5EDIT is used to do 2 things,

(A) verify that your load order is not missing any files that your mods need and

(B) verify that no primary files are being loaded after secondary files. When you run TES5EDIT it will throw up an error box and the error will be displayed at the bottom of the right pane / panel. All you have to do is read what it says and it will tell you exactly how to fix the problem in Wrye Bash. Yes, you can open Wrye Bash while TES5EDIT is open so you don't even have to write down what the error is :smile:

Please remember that while LOOT is a great program it is NOT 100 %

- concerning what the red, orange, and green check marks mean

Red means a missing master file - basically a guaranteed CTD on startup. Orange means that some ESP has requested its master files in an order that is different to the the order that you currently have them in. Orange mods are arguably more dangerous, because you won't necessarily get an immediate CTD every time, so you may be lulled into a false sense of security, whereas in reality you have an unstable load order.

Clicking on the orange/red mods will show you what masters they have, and what order they want them in. From here on in, it becomes like a puzzle: you need to manually drag and drop the various masters in your load order until their order is harmonious ( IE:. you've managed to provide the desired order of master files for every single ESP in your list simultaneously ) and all of your oranges have disappeared. If it's not possible to eliminate all orange mods, you may need to ditch one or two mods/patches.

All the files in here are in my siggy, just run them in the order I have them listed

Let me know if you need any more help :smile:

Tes5edit Detected no errors :c

Loots "Sorted" my mods the best it could and the only mod that is allowed to merge on wyre bash is "Apex werewolf" which I promptly patched. Im still having the horrid problem still though thank you however for you help your awesome for being so helpful.

did you try Wrye Bash like I said, that's the KEY element of my guide, with out doing all the Wrye bash stuff you will still have problems

none of my mods were out of order none of them are red or orange they are all shaded green on wyre bash. Any time I right click on a wyre patch to rebuild it, all that can me merged together is apex werewolf.esp that's all.

try verifying your game cache then, it seems to me that something may have altered an INI or another file for SKyrim

right click on the game in steam, then properties, then local files, then verify

also please go here ---> http://pastebin.com/ and paste your load order so I can look at it then, then paste the link for it here, then I can better help you :smile:

Edited by gromulos

try verifying your game cache then, it seems to me that something may have altered an INI or another file for SKyrim

right click on the game in steam, then properties, then local files, then verify

also please go here ---> http://pastebin.com/ and paste your load order so I can look at it then, then paste the link for it here, then I can better help you :smile:

http://pastebin.com/KLxMVdcM my load order :c

ok after looking at your load order something is not right, are you sure you're using the latest version of Wrye Bash? Wrye Bash should be merging more than just that one file. The only other thing I would do myself is to move SKYui.esp directly above your bashed patch so that it can more easily find any MCM menus

Just noticed that line 14 is an ESP, NOT an ESM ( SCO Winter Landscape Decoloration.esp ) if this is true, this file should be loaded after ALL other ESM's

If it is indeed an ESM and just falsely marked as an ESP, try loading it at the very end of your ESM's

Edited by gromulos

ok after looking at your load order something is not right, are you sure you're using the latest version of Wrye Bash? Wrye Bash should be merging more than just that one file. The only other thing I would do myself is to move SKYui.esp directly above your bashed patch so that it can more easily find any MCM menus

Just noticed that line 14 is an ESP, NOT an ESM ( SCO Winter Landscape Decoloration.esp ) if this is true, this file should be loaded after ALL other ESM's

If it is indeed an ESM and just falsely marked as an ESP, try loading it at the very end of your ESM's

I tryed sorting the mods the way you recommended but It did not work. I still crash leaving a cell or going into an open world area. Starting a new game still crashes. I am currently using the latest wyre bash....:(