Skyrim meshes/textures in FNV?

blackhand8657

I had an awesome idea yesterday to try and import some armor and weapons from Skyrim into FNV, namely the Daedric armor/greatsword for the Legate, Imperial armor for Legionnaires, etc. Unfortunately I copied the meshes/textures folders from Skyrim to FNV directory, tried to preview them via the GECK but all I got was the '<!>'. Both games are legit and I have absolutely NO intention of uploading anywhere, it'd be for personal use ONLY. Are Skyrim meshes not compatible with FNV and vice-versa? Is there a way to change that if so?

Thank you

The skeletons and bodies are totally different between the two games. Skyrim uses a 2 part system for the body weight slider which Fallout doesn't have.

To import them you need to select one or the other of the body1 (light) or body2 (heavy) and replace the skin modifier in 3ds max (or Blender), then you have to build a new dismember modifier, then export.

In short, it takes some work.

Edited by DizzasterJuice

ok, thanks. i have no experience doing 3d modeling/textures etc, so i guess i'll have to scrap that idea. appreciate the feedback tho. would've been awesome too, the Legate would've looked awesome with the Daedric armor and the Daedric greatsword as a model replacement for his sword. oh well, thanks again

I think adding swords from Skyrim shouldn't be much of a problem. Armors should be reskinned, of course, but weapons are just a single mesh. So basically, you could replace, let's say, bumper sword's mesh and leave everything else as it was and it should work.

I think adding swords from Skyrim shouldn't be much of a problem. Armors should be reskinned, of course, but weapons are just a single mesh. So basically, you could replace, let's say, bumper sword's mesh and leave everything else as it was and it should work.

i had hoped for that, but when i tried to preview the weapon mesh in the GECK i got the same '<!>', so i think the problem exists with the weapons. i might try again later tho and report anything new

I don't think you can simply drop the skyrim nifs into NV's folder and expect it to show correctly in GECK which is using older engine.

Some tweaking is needed as Skyrim uses some advanced features that NV doesn't have.

yea, i kinda figured that. Skyrim, in terms of graphics and performance, is much better than FNV, if only bethesda put that kind of effort into fallout. maybe next fallout they will