XCOM EU LW

Spikymelon

When my first attempt to install the mod , XCOM EU able to launch without any problem but will freeze when playing the first mission.

So after that I try to install the mod one more time(Full clean install , uninstall mod , verify cache). And the game wont be able to even start now.

Any help/solution for me? I tried to search throughtout the internet/forum and I cant seem to be able to find a solution yet.

EU mods are very specific as to patch level. LW for EU stopped development when EW was released, but Firaxis released patches for EU even afterwards. The LW team plans to go back and update it after they get a final release out for EW, but in the meantime you have to "downgrade" your EU to patch level 4 to play ANY mods with it.

See the "Downgrade-eu-to-patch-4-changelist-356266" thread for details and troubleshooting. You are going to be on your own as they do not provide support for older versions of LW at this time. The current beta for EW has all of their attention.

There is no downgrade to any other versions of the vanilla game as it requires someone to have the forethought to preserve all the files of a version prior to a patch release, and then produce a "difference file" to create the downgrade. This is the only one that has been created.

Or you can get EW and play the latest beta of LW.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

Long War EW bug reports should be posted in the appropriate Beta Feedback thread in the "XCOM File Discussions" section of the forum for a quick response. (The LW Team has stated they check here much less often than there.) You may also find that the answer is already known and posted in that thread.

Be sure to read the document included with the LW download on reporting bugs. They need all the information requested there to be able to help.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent