Looking for a roomy, yet simple, house mod

Sonja

Alright, so I've been perusing the Skyrim house mods, and I seem to be having trouble finding something that fits the bill, so I'm hoping for suggestions from people who have had personal experience with custom houses that fit most of my needs.

I generally have two followers with me, and I typically adopt two kids, and sometimes grab a spouse as well. So, I'm looking for a house that is a decent size, fully nav-meshed, adoption-friendly, but still cosy and simple. I don't need all kinds of script-heavy features, nor do I really want an excess of custom meshes and textures. While I'm planning to replace my computer in the relatively near future, at present there's a limit to what it can handle. Currently I've put a couple of beds from Solitude Furniture in my Lakeview basement, so there are at least theoretical extra beds.. but ugh.. even with a few furnishings it really doesn't look like the most pleasant place to sleep (unless you enjoy snuggling with skeevers o.O ).

Are there any mods that fit the above requirements? I've looked for a while but my eyes are starting to bleed. Houses are either too big (both in terms of actual size and system requirements) or they are small starter homes.

Cheers for any suggestions :smile:

Edited by Sonja

I'm going to suggest dragonwood manor.

It's spacious, not too cluttered, has a room for each craft, lovely pine wood style, nice atmosphere.

It comes with the ebonvale mod which adds a small town next to riverwood, you purchase the home from the inn keeper.

The only thing I'm unsure about is if it's adoption friendly.

pics

http://imgur.com/a/8TCfK

No it not, but it one fine house. Feels cozy and well decorated.

I'd suggest 'Mammoth Manor'. Love that house. It's adoption friendly, with room for two kids, two followers, and it's really cozy and I just love it really lol :tongue:

this looks nice, tempting tempting, I really don't need another home though, I barely use the 10 I have now >.>

Thanks for the recommendations. :smile:

While I think Dragonwood Manor looks absolutely gorgeous, I'm not really sure I want to add an entire village to my install. However, I have tracked the mod and I'm looking forward to checking it out once I upgrade my machine.

At this point, I'm thinking Mammoth Manor might be exactly what I've been searching for, either that or Riverside Lodge, by the same author. I've actually tried Elysium Estate before, and I think it is lovely. It's not precisely what I'm after for this playthrough, though, and I also found it was a touch taxing on my system. No doubt, however, once I have a better computer, I'll probably install it again.

Edited by Sonja