My Load Order - Suggestions?

Mattiewagg

I'm going to try playing Skyrim again. Right now I'll have several days, and then a week or more, to actual play Skyrim and not just work on my WIP mod (see my signature). I've got a fairly light load order, compared to some - because I want to minimize crashes, but also because I don't have a huge amount of room on my SSD where Skyrim is. I'll post the necessary info for your suggestions:

Specs:

i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 860M GTX (2GB VRAM)

12GB RAM

64BIT Operating System

Windows 8.1

Character Type:

A former mercenary who used to be the founder of his own guild, sort of a mix of the Companions and the Thieves Guild - willing to take any job. He has a sense of morals towards those he cares about, but others he has no qualms about killing. Both a fighter and a stealth-based character, but more inclined to the latter.

What I'm Looking For:

I want a hard game, but not a really really hard one. So no Requiem, etc. I want to keep my game free of complete overhauls so I can mix and match more. I currently have Revenge of the Enemies and Stealth Skills Rebalanced, as well as Skyrim Realistic Archery. I probably won't get anymore "hard" mods. I'm looking for mods that can increase the stealth experience, a mod for better perks (NOT SkyRe - again, no complete overhauls + I don't feel like using SkyRe again), and any other mods you think are great. Tweaks are good, anything to increase performance that WON'T change the looks of the game for the worse is good. I'm also not getting SMIM this time around, so don't mention that either. And feel free to throw out mods you absolutely love so I can check them out. Also, any mods you suggest should be compatible with my load order.

EDIT: That sounds really snooty. Basically, I'd appreciate it if perk mods you suggest are compatible with Stealth Skills Rebalanced. Also other mods you suggest it would be great to know if they were compatible with my load order, but the most important is a perk mod compatible with SSR.

My Current Load Order:

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm=1
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
Beards.esp=1
DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp=1
Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp=1
DragonEngine.esp=1
VioLens.esp=1
Extended UI.esp=1
SHOT.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
AdditionalMusicProject.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp=1
Rebirth Monster.esp=1
Immersive Weapons.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp=1
Day Night City Lights.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp=1
RealisticHumanoidMovementSpeed.esp=1
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp=1
Rebirth Monster - SIC Patch.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
Leather.esp=1
Inigo.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp=1
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp=1
Cloaks.esp=1
iNeed.esp=1
GrassOnSteroids_Short.esp=1
AOS.esp=1
RemoveExteriorFog-AIO.esp=1
Wintermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp=1
Stealth Skills Rebalanced_COMPLETE.esp=1
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp=1
WintermystPatcher.esp=1
ISCompendium AOS Patch.esp=1
Skyrim Realistic Archery.esp=1
AdditionalMusicProjectReplacer.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
MinimalHUD.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
Bashed Patch, 0.esp=1
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp=1

I've cleaned all the DLCs and Update.esm, as well as Cloaks.esp because LOOT (which I use) told me as much. I also have generated a bashed patch and used the Proccer from Wintermyst to apply all the enchantments. I'm pretty well versed in mod installation, and I also have my own customized .inis which work just fine (originally those of EWI, but I edited them a bunch).

Here are some of my recommendations: DUT Expanded Perk; suggest merging the skill trees interested in, Ultimate Deadly Encounters; aka Sands of Time, ultimate dragons and ultimate combat. OBIS (Organized Bandits In Skyrim) goes along well with Sand of times.

Edited by Solozogy

I might pay attention to this, just so i can get some good mod ideas myself

for perks, I recomend SPERG - Skyrim Perk Enhancements and Rebalanced Gameplay. I use a LOT of different mods and it never crashes, so i don't think it will give you any problems.

For perks I would say try sperg http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24445/? I have loved my time while playing it. Smithing perks for light armor and heavy armor and merged, all schools of magic are balanced and it good for roleplay. Skills tress can be changed back to base game too. Works for all magic mods.

I'm pretty sure you have enboost, ssme and HIALGOBOOST to stabilize your game. And don't worry your machine is better than mine and I'm running a lot of mods.

Mods to use:

Tamriel Reloaded textures, they actually will help you save vram and performance based.

Bethesda Performance Textures - Armor - Clothes - Weapons, textures better optimized for vram.

Skyrim unbound, you can't find it here. In a way it better than live other live if you really hate dragons and main quest.

Moonlight tales, moonlight transformations and texture changes in game for werewolves.

Books books books books, more books to read.

Decrease That Grass, for more vram.

Legendary Cities - Tes Arena - Skyrim Frontier Fortress, this mod is amazing. It will add towns from the older scrolls game arena around skyrim.

Interesting NPCs, WHY IS THIS IS NOT IN YOUR LOAD ORDER!? This mod file size is huge, but, it will add amazing npcs. You will find yourself talking with one for full 20 mins. It also good for roleplay. You will find your character talk with sarcasm, cruel, justice etc. It will add amazing quests for you to do. It will really make you think about your way of talking. Downloading this mod is one of the best choices I made in my life along with more than 10000 players. Also has the best followers with more than 100 lines and quest aware!

Move it Dammit for NPC Companions and Followers - Move_it - Less Wait Time, the mod title say what it does.

Point the way, so you won't get lost.

Remove under water grass, for more fps.

Timing is everything (all dlc), The Choice is Yours - Fewer Forced Quests - Improved Dialogue Options, and Thieves Guild Requirements. are must have if you really hate those stupid logs in your quest log. The Thieves Guild Requirements makes you improve your stealth before joining.

Blocksteal - prevents accidentally stealing items.

For perks I would say try sperg http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24445/? I have loved my time while playing it. Smithing perks for light armor and heavy armor and merged, all schools of magic are balanced and it good for roleplay. Skills tress can be changed back to base game too. Works for all magic mods.

I'm pretty sure you have enboost, ssme and HIALGOBOOST to stabilize your game. And don't worry your machine is better than mine and I'm running a lot of mods.

Mods to use:

Tamriel Reloaded textures, they actually will help you save vram and performance based.

Bethesda Performance Textures - Armor - Clothes - Weapons, textures better optimized for vram.

Skyrim unbound, you can't find it here. In a way it better than live other live if you really hate dragons and main quest.

Moonlight tales, moonlight transformations and texture changes in game for werewolves.

Books books books books, more books to read.

Decrease That Grass, for more vram.

Legendary Cities - Tes Arena - Skyrim Frontier Fortress, this mod is amazing. It will add towns from the older scrolls game arena around skyrim.

Interesting NPCs, WHY IS THIS IS NOT IN YOUR LOAD ORDER!? This mod file size is huge, but, it will add amazing npcs. You will find yourself talking with one for full 20 mins. It also good for roleplay. You will find your character talk with sarcasm, cruel, justice etc. It will add amazing quests for you to do. It will really make you think about your way of talking. Downloading this mod is one of the best choices I made in my life along with more than 10000 players. Also has the best followers with more than 100 lines and quest aware!

Move it Dammit for NPC Companions and Followers - Move_it - Less Wait Time, the mod title say what it does.

Point the way, so you won't get lost.

Remove under water grass, for more fps.

Timing is everything (all dlc), The Choice is Yours - Fewer Forced Quests - Improved Dialogue Options, and Thieves Guild Requirements. are must have if you really hate those stupid logs in your quest log. The Thieves Guild Requirements makes you improve your stealth before joining.

Blocksteal - prevents accidentally stealing items.

Need to add Even Better Quest Objectives, as well as The Choice is Yours and Timing is Everything.

I likely won't be joining the Thieves' Guild but if I do I'll be sure to add that.

I've used HIALGOBOOST on a less powerful computer but I don't like the lowered resolution when moving and I don't lag with my current load order so I probably won't use that. I have the SKSE memory patch enabled/SSME.

I'll take a look at Tamriel Reloaded. And I like Interesting NPCs, jsut totally forgot about it.

If you're gonna hang around riften don't forget:

JK's Riften

Riften Grassmayhem and Texture Fix by Elianora

Thief player home in Riften Canal by Elianora *The key is in a satchel on your night table in the Guild headquarters*

Daggercross Alley by alalagi ("Corners of Skyrim" author)

http://static-1.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/30979-1-1397399789.jpg

http://static-1.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/30979-3-1360282206.jpg

(If you don't the name get Jaxonz Renamer :laugh: )

Skyrim Bigger Trees - Riften (will have some performance impact, still was able to run it with enb on laptop)

http://files.sharenator.com/416798.jpg

Or Skysight - Simply Bigger Trees, if you want to go with Tamriel Reloaded Flora - Trees.

http://static-1.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/57690-3-1409458681.jpg

Bounty Gold by gorey666

Better money for you mercenary work.

More Bandit Camps

Who does not like killing and stealing from bandits?

Training Dummies and Targets by B1gBadDaddy

Raise your combat skill by practicing in towns.

Skyrim Sewers 4 by Viltuska

Escape route for your thief. May conflict with Undeath mod (sewer entrance).

I didn't had any experience with Stealth Skills Rebalanced. I usually tend to avoid perk and skill overhauls (unless it's werewolf overhaul :tongue: ) for more compatibility and freedom. What I aim for is more fluid experience, changes to the world of skyrim that you couldn't pinpoint unless you had played vanilla not long ago.

Duel - Combat Realism v5 basicly goes along with anything you throw at it. Have you ever hit a bandit right between the eyes with an arrow just to hear "What was that? Must have been the wind."... >_< Well, no more. Now enemies will organize party search! And when they aproach you, they do so in formation. Duel can be combined with Combat Evolved for better mele experience. You can move Stealth Skills Rebalanced up or below in load order and see which combination fits you better. Some even combine this setup with Revenge of the Enemies.

Performance mods:

Skyrim Performance PLUS by VirusType2 aka Vergis

Compilation of few mods that will save you from sudden fps drops or cpu stutter durring falling leaves and snow/rain animation. I suggest to install "Disable pine needles / aspen leaves" version.

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns

guild starter :3 for your guild idea

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52871/?

Totally forgot about that one :tongue: You invite Paarturnax, he accepts but never shows to your guild meating! Jarl Balgruff comes anyway, he always gets bored at home and has nothing better to do, so he can play a bit with dirty thieves.

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns

guild starter :3 for your guild idea

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52871/?

Totally forgot about that one :tongue: You invite Paarturnax, he accepts but never shows to your guild meating! Jarl Balgruff comes anyway, he always gets bored at home and has nothing better to do, so he can play a bit with dirty thieves.

lol .. yeah being a jarl is a boring life.. he needs a bit of edge in his life.. and paarturnax.. don't get me start on him.. he was my choise for second in command.. but no the dragon is to busy to show up.. :P