toolset placeable conversation help

viggtu

I am working on a custom module and for some reason I can't get placeables to converse with the PC when you click the placeable nothing happens. I assume there is a way to make the default action "Talk to" but I haven't figured it out. I have been scouring the web for a tutorial but all I find is that you make the conversation and put it in the conversation slot of the placeable but that doesn't work.

I don't know how to get the onused script into my module it isn't a universal script and It also isn't listed in your module under scripts. At least that is what I assume my problem is because the rest of my placeables properties are exactly like your sundial with the exception of the conversation which I know works because I created a person with the same script and it worked.

• 8 months later...

It's a little late, but there is a standard script (actually several of them) that will allow you to talk to placeables. The one I usually use is called gp_talk_object. There's another one for doors, called gp_talk_door.

The placeable must not be static, and it must be usable, and the script must go into the On Used slot, and it must have a working conversation in the placeable's Conversation slot, and it must have more than 0 hit points. It must not be an environmental object.