"Judge Dredd" lore friendly [small] addition.

AceTeller

As a fan of the 1995 film Judge Dredd and its world, I came up with a simple mod idea to implement something from it into the fantastic world of Fallout New Vegas.

In the movie, when a Judge or a head of state was decommissioned after his/her long law enforcement duty, they had to undertake the "Long Walk". This meant having to step out from the walls of Mega-City (the futuristic fiction metropolis of 40 million people where the Judge lore takes place) into the harsh wasteland surrounding it. The individual about to undertake this final act (which often meant a quick doom to the perils of the wasteland) would only be given a dark robe (similar to Bright's Followers black robe, perhaps could have better DT), a shotgun with few ammunition (in the film it looks fairly futuristic, mostly made out of metal and semi-automatic. If custom model can't be made, then I guess Riot Shotgun could work. If custom model can be made, the shotgun in the game "Rage" was very similar to give an idea.), and a copy of the "Law" booklet (pre-war book could be used, and just custom named "Law". Black book would work best).

My idea was to place somewhere fitting and discreet in the FNV wasteland a corpse/skeleton wearing mentioned robes and listed items for the player to find. As a little "easter egg" would be. A note with some short and intriguing mentions to the film's world could be also left on the body for the player to read ( Example: "Day 27, I have been walking for what seemed like an eternity. The walls of Mega-City are far behind me now, the sand is growing heavy in my boots, I feel so tired...need to rest..." ).

I think it is quite lore friendly, as no super-specific details need to be made; and in a wasteland so vast it makes sense to find remains of perhaps once great men/women from far away places.

For further details on Judge Dredd's world see "Dredd's World" section of this wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dredd#Judge_Dredd_.281995.29

Let me know what you think :smile:

-Ace

Edited by AceTeller