Beginners guide to modding

gromulos

sorry Grom but i do enb lol and i like to help :tongue:

promise it will be my last hijacking though :wink: lol

naaa, that's fine, that's what the thread is here for :smile:

Also, if that's the case, that you're really good with ENB's, you should write a guide in the same style as mine, just use each section for each different ENB and walk the person through how to install it, would get pinned IMO :smile:

Yeah i considered doing it but im not GREAT, i just know how to addthem, customize them a little etc, fix those weird enblens issues that a few people have been having lately...

amazing what people dont read some times ;)

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi, first thanks for the guide.

I installed Skyrim in a file on my desktop (so I can regroup all my mods/TESVEdit/MO etc)

The thing is now TESVEdit and LOOT cannot find my masterlist and stuff....

LOOT crashes when I click on the Arrow or the three bars

TESVEdit says : fatal cant find .ini but the interface is quite empty so idk how to tell it where my .ini is

If you know how to fix that pls answer :)

Hello, I've read this article and some of the posts following, but as much as I hate to admit it, I grew up playing consoles and am fairly new to the PC world and even more new to the mod world, so I think I need some SUPER BEGINNER help. I go to the LOOT d/l page and there is 6 files that are under "Downloads" and those have multiple files. Do I just need the installer.exe or do I need all of those other d/ls? What do I do with all of those files when they are downloaded if I do need them?

Also, I've noticed on some mods when you extract there is a folder often titled fomod -- do these files need copied over into the Skyrim folders or what are they for?

Again, I am very very very sorry for posting a question that is probably as basic as it gets for most of you, but any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

EDIT: I recently did a complete uninstall of Skyrim from Steam so that I could delete all of those workshop mods I had subscribed to. I feel like starting fresh is going to be the easiest and safest way to run and load mods correctly for once. My main confusion is the one I stated above and confusion of where to place files after I've downloaded them other than the .esm and .esp files that get copied into the Data folder. Would NMM be better to download mods from here or will it require just as much manual work to ensure that the files are located in the proper paths?

I know most of you will not be willing to help simply because this is my first post and if that's kind of person you are then cool, so be it. I've read instructions on mod pages, I've read instructions for the 3 programs listed in this article (and stumbled on another seemingly required utility called mod organizer?), I've watched videos, I've read wiki pages, but truth is this is almost a foreign language to me. I have experience using computer software, but not diving into scripts. Taking in all of the information I've read and seen is a lot and what I've gathered is there is 20 different things that have to be ran/loaded in a specific directory/cleaned/edited in a specific order or nothing works which is overwhelming. I am hoping someone can just point me in the right direction for the rawest form of "new to using mods outside of steam workshop".

Edited by xxapollo

• 2 weeks later...

you posted on my page as i asked for help with a ctd and you diverted me hear i did everything and followed your instructions read it all and wallah my game is fixed and runs alot better than before ^^ thank you so much very happy with results and the information given and yet it been easy to understand

• 4 weeks later...

Edit* 3 days later, kinda figured it out. Stopped my CTD's but still having some mod order conflicts but figuring it out.

Edited by Essoncletus

GUYS I SERIOUSLY NEED HELP!!! IDK WHY MY GAME IS EXTREMELY LAGGY, BUT BELOW, YOU CAN SEE MY LOAD ORDER, I'm not really sure if that affects my in game performance.

http://imgur.com/a/WStmA <---- THIS IS A PICTURE OF MY MOD LOAD ORDER.

THEY'RE IN ORDER BTW FROM TOP TO BOTTOM! IF SOMEONE CAN GIVE ME ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS, I WILL BE GRATEFUL :) I AM REALLLLLLY SICK OF PLAYING THIS GAME WITH 0 FPS DROPS EVERY FEW SECONDS OR WHENEVER I MOVE MY CHAR AROUND AND THE 0 FPS STAYS LIKE THAT FOR BIT OF TIME BEFORE THE FREEZING STOPS :D

TYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ASDFJALKSDJFAKLSDJFK