Beginners guide to modding

gromulos

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I'm reasonably inexperienced at the whole LOOT, TESVEdit, Wrye Bash process so apologies if this is a stupid question:

A few of my mods (some of the better, more comprehensive ones unfortunately) are red. I saw that this implies a missing master file, but when I check "list master files" all of the requisite master files are installed, activated, and running without issue (green). What could be the cause of this?

Thanks!

in a situation like this you should go read each description page for any and all mods that are missing master files. Almost always the description page will list any mods required as masters.

Also, in Wrye Bash, you can left click the mod that is red, and in the lower right hand panel it will tell you what mods are needed for that red mod.

Let me know if you need more help :smile:

Edited by gromulos

just so everyone know, about this time every day you can find me in the chat room, and FHB, yw :smile:

That's very kind, I may have a few questions pertaining to creating mods a little later this month.

As for the installation of mods, I got it sorted. You were correct, for some reason right-clicking the mod in Wrye Bash and selection "list master files" doesn't list all of them, although there is a more comprehensive list in the lower corner.

I went to the mod sites (it was Hunterborn, blacksmithforge water fix, and harvesting overhaul that were acting up) and checked dependencies - two of them (hunterborn and blacksmithforge) required Dragonborn DLC, which I don't have. Luckily, they have alternative, non-dragonborn dependent files available so I grabbed those. As for the harvesting overhaul, it was a conflict with hunterborn modifications, so I just turned off the harvesting overhaul .esp that modified animal loot.

In the end, you're a lifesaver, thanks!

um, Thanks? But you should know I only posted this October 28, 2014 lol. Don't know who's guide you read a year ago, but it wasn't mine. Credit, where credit is due :)

Anyway, glad you found it useful, that's all that counts in the end. :)