Installing mods help

George106106

Okay so today I bought skyrim off steam and wanted to get some mods. I downloaded the nexus mod manager and put some mods on. None worked at first until I realised I needed to use skse. After many other problems I got that to work. I downloaded skyui and also got enhanced blood textures. When I started playing I could pause and see the menu for mods and see the settings for the blood mod. It worked! This took me a long time just to get to this point..

However now the problem is that no other mods appear to work. I have installed enbs or floral mods hoping they would work but I can't see them and they don't appear in the pause menu. What I find annoying is I have installed these mods in the exact same way as the enhanced blood mod which works.

I read somewhere to get BOSS and I did but when I run it says that the mods are active. Right now I'm a little stumped and most likely have overlooked something obvious.

I am aware that some mods require other mods to work but the floral mod doesn't appear to need any and I also run skyrim in the skse launcher and have ticked all the boxes for the mods in the nmm.

Any help would be GRATELY appreciated as I have already spent about e-4 hours to get where I am now

You made need to run as admin to get it to archive invalidate or you may need to to it manually with a program like Fallout Mod Manager and if all else fails install LOOT and do an auto sort and hope it works.

Some mods don't have an ESM/ESP so they wont appear in any load order, sorting software. Texture only mods for instance.

Some (most) mods don't have an MCM menu (pause menu) so wont appear there either.

So if a specific mod you think is not working, post about that but you need to use names..... as..."some mods" is not specific enough...:)