Flemeth's Grimoire problem (spoilers)

Raicuparta

So I'm playing Origins for the second time, done the Flemeth's Real Grimoire quest (killed Flemeth) and took the Grimoire. But isn't the Grimoire supposed to be a gift for Morrigan? At least thats what I read at the DA Wiki. I gave the first Grimoire but now the real Flemeth's Grimoire isn't even a gift, its in the quest items slot, so i can't give it to her. When i finished the quest, i came back to the camp and it automatically spoke to Morrigan, and i asked her about that quest, about Flemeth being dead. But the quest isn't over. And now, every single time i go to camp it starts with Morrigan saying "I await your command", and that is also really anoying as i can't say anything about the quest now.

I've done this quest before, but i can't remember if that second Grimoire was really supposed to be a gift.

Also, i have some mods installed, is it safe to move my "override" folder elsewhere to see if it works like that?

Well I "fixed" it by using the console comand to give me all the plot gifts, and threw all the other ones away. The broken grimoire disapeared from the plot items, and the quest ended, no more "I await your command" from Morrigan every single time I go to camp.

Well, I'm glad to hear that you got it sorted out. Tho I have a sneaking suspicion that your fix is going to end up not letting you have some quests, because when you receive the item, it adds the plot flag to your game. So you MAY have inadvertantly botched up some of the other quests. I HOPE that I'm wrong.

Yeah, the grimoire is supposed to show up as a gift.

tho once you give it to Morrigan, any ability to take her to your tent is GONE, unless you use the Better Sex mod by Lehcar, with the Kiss option.

It is safe to move the override folder as a BACKUP, but no... the game will not recognize any files that are in it, unless it's in the default install location.... documents/bioware/dragonage/packages/core/override

So doing this could be an easier way to "disable" any of your mods, in one go. But it wouldnt let you play them from another locale on your computer. Another folder that DA uses for mods/DLC's is documents/bioware/dragonage/addins.

I would recommend trying out an earlier savegame, play it thru till you get the 2nd grim, and then try it again.

I wouldn't be able to sleep with her anyway, because I have a relation with Leliana, and no mod to bypass the one relation restriction.

when you receive the item, it adds the plot flag to your game

But I did get the item, it was just broken in some way, so doesn't that mean that the plat flag was still added? (and i really don't know what I'm saying in that last part :P ).

Thank you.

Ah ok, so no worries there about the grimoire affecting your relationship with her then.

Ok, lets say that you've used the script to add all those items to get the grimoire, but you haven't been given Leli's Marjolaine quest yet. Because you've now received Marj's bow, you've got the plot flag in your game that you've received it, which could bug Leli's quest. See what I mean?

Not referring to quests that you've already done, but ones that you havent gotten yet.

That is interesting. I use a mod that allows me to purchase most of the plot items, which I do just to save time. I then stuff them in a chest until such time as I am ready to use them. When Sten tells me about his sword, I go get his sword out of the chest. When Mori asks me to go kill Flemeth, I tell her ok and go get the Grimoire out of the box. I do the same with the shoes for Lel and Zev, Mori's mirror and Al's mom's amulet. I have had all (or at least most) of these items since the origin and I have no trouble with them giving the quest. Perhaps it is something with the bow? That is the one item that doesn't seem to be available for purchase.

Or it might have something to do with the method in which you're getting them. A while back I was helping somebody out with an upgraded Sten's sword by request. After using the Script to get the gift item, once I had recieved the gift item, when I later went to the chest where its supposed to be located, the item was no longer in the chest. It would open up and just be empty.

Perhaps it is in the scripting then. I have had runes and jewelry that I purchased in that mod disappear from the chest after leaving (jewelry will sometimes disappear from inventory) but never the gifts. I always chalk it up to "fade rats" and go on my way :laugh:

Ok, lets say that you've used the script to add all those items to get the grimoire, but you haven't been given Leli's Marjolaine quest yet. Because you've now received Marj's bow, you've got the plot flag in your game that you've received it, which could bug Leli's quest. See what I mean?

Then I'm glad that I had done all the companion quests already, because I advanced with the game before reading this post :P

By the way, it appears I can't edit the title of my topic, can someone do it for me? Like adding [solved] to it.