What defines a sexual predator?

kvnchrist

I just found out that a cousin of mine, who had just squeeked by getting in trouble for having intercourse with a 14 year old has now be charged with doing the same with a 13 year old. The boy just turned 18 about 6 months ago and seems to not have a good grasp of common sense.

Full disclosure the 14 year old was a girl, well known to the family ands is a good friend of this guys then 14 year old sister. They were talking alone in his room unbeknownst to his mother and did the duty on his bed. The girls mother is also a good friend of the family and when she found out about it, it only went so far. No charges were pressed and nothing happened. That was not the case with the 13 year old.

Note, there is a laws that people within a four year period between them can't be charged as a preditor, but the girl was afew weeks shy of her 14th birthday and when the boy went over fr a party the girl, seemingly wanted to give him a present and he ended up winning a game of tonsil tag. Well, the girl, being young decided to tell others and through one of her cousins, the father found out He now has to answer for it and is to surrender himself to the authorities on Monday.

My questions to you guys are:

(1) what should be the standards for calling a person a sexual predator?

(2) what should be the punishment for anyone convicted of such, for their first offense?

(3) What should be the standard for getting placed on the sexual predators list?

(4) What should happen if they are repeat offenders?