Best method for making this spell not conflict with everything?

FireFlickerFlak

I want to make an effect that teleports the player to seemingly random locations but always the same location when used the same way. I want it to function similar to the way the mod steps did for oblivion. I was so excited about that mod but never got around to playing it... well that's another topic... anyway...

So I am thinking I should place xmarkers around skyrim where I want the player to be transported to, and in my quest script in the OnInit() event I should somehow check to make sure all the xmarkers are safe. Does this sound right?

If so, in the part of the code where I check a particular xmarker, any ideas for what I could do to check to see if that general area has been modified?

You could actually just chose vanilla assets, I believe even a normal piece of grass or ground or road would work

So use them as propertys instead of randomly placing xmarkers and modifying cells :smile:

Hmm good idea, thanks! In that case I could check to make sure that the vanilla object still exists before teleporting. I would still have the issue of other mods placing object directly on top of the vanilla object I have saved for the player to teleport to, though I hope those will be rare and I guess I can deal with them on a case by case basis.