⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

how to change user name

MysteryModder

thanks for the help i shall ask, if its a pain for them perhaps they could get staff that don't have that attitude. maybe i shall open another account instead.

cheers for your help

It's got nothing to do with attitude. There's only two staff with the access to do a name change - Myself, and Dark0ne (the site owner).

Yes, you must close the old one first - and the new one will not have any access to anything that was associated with the old one. Creating another account while the original one is active can get you banned - we have just had too much trouble with people making new accounts to troll, flame, harass, astroturf, sock puppet and other purposes that we ban for. They do this in order to be obnoxious without exposing their main account - we just ban both accounts - and any other new ones they try.

from the Terms of Service

One account per person
Members are only allowed to be in possession of one account on the site. Members caught using more than one account will be regarded as attempting to exploit or circumvent features on the site and will have both their accounts banned. If you are experiencing problems with your account please contact the admins using the Contact Us links on the sites and we'll work to resolve the issue for you.

Here is a link to the account closure request forum. http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/564026-account-closure-requests/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of when Sony BMG decided the best way to prevent piracy was to install a rootkit on every customer's computer. A little drastic, perhaps, considering the collateral damage to good people.

Finally got around to playing again (with a shiny new rig) and SMC is missing at least 12 mods...rough.