Oblivion ''esp'' file/plugin has a lock?

virosity

I went to the TES Construction Set and edited the Bosmer/Wood Elf race's height so that it would be 1.0000 instead of the original 0.9000 (I think that's what it was). I changed it to 1.0000 and then saved the esp file as ''Taller Bosmer.esp''. I then went to the Oblivion Launcher and went into Data files and checked ''Taller Bosmer.esp''. I then proceeded into the game but noticed that the plugin did not work as my height was unchanged. I then went into my Oblivion directory to find that my plugin/Taller Bosmer.esp was not present or visible in the Data folder. I then went back to the TES Construction Set to remake the plugin. I remade it and then proceeded to save it but then I noticed that my old plugin was visible in the designated folder where I last saved it but something was different about it. The ''Taller Bosmer.esp'' Icon had a gold lock on it. I have a couple other mods within the same folder and none of those esp files have a lock on the icon. I was just wondering why my plugin had a lock on it (which I'm assuming is why it doesn't show up in my Oblivion directory and also why it doesn't work in game). Also, how can I fix this? If there is no fix, could someone point me to a mod that has the male Bosmer height as 1.0000 (average height). I hate looking at everyone's shoulders. Thanks.

I may be wrong, but I'm certain that to see your changes, you need to either a) start a new game or b) enter the console, type "showracemenu", change your race and then back, and then save it by keeping the console open, go into the main menu, and then saving the game. The new save should have the new height data applied to your character afterwards.

I may be wrong, but I'm certain that to see your changes, you need to either a) start a new game or b) enter the console, type "showracemenu", change your race and then back, and then save it by keeping the console open, go into the main menu, and then saving the game. The new save should have the new height data applied to your character afterwards.

I tried this but when I opened up the Race Menu, my ''new'' race that i created did not even show up for me to choose.

• 1 year later...
This is a really late reply, and you're probably playing Skyrim right about now, but you should be bale to just copy and paste the file out of the foler onto your desktop, and it will lose the lock, then just move it back to the data folder and it will overrite removing the lock and making it work.