no ressources for toolset

Thaissassine5

I'm not new to toolset and doing a little tweaking there myself. But I recently got a new laptop and toolset doesn't want to get along with it. It worked fine with my old laptop(Win7, my new one has Win8.1 x_x)

1) I can't load save files. When I try to load a .das file, an error message pops up "Out of memory".

2) I can't find any resource files with Toolset. Normally you get a long list of stuff when you open things on the palette window, yes? E.g. you want to extract an utc file from "creature". But there's nothing. The "model" and "sound" tab loads files but all the other tabs do nothing. I tried looking around whether the folder paths for toolset are wrong but I have no idea where to change that.

I have no clue as to how these problems come up, since I did the exact same things as I did on my old laptop to install the Toolset.

--

"Re(s)source" I noticed the typo in the title >///< Damn I'm tired. Toolset errors make me stupid.

Edited by Thaissassine5

Can't help with the out of memory issue when opening saves... I've always gotten that when I try to use the toolset to open any save past Lothering.

The second issue sounds like you haven't done the 'Single Player' Extended Module/hierachy thing for your new module. See this page on the toolset wiki, or I like to use weriKK's step-by-step tutorial as a checklist for creating a module. (The tutorials on Beyond Ferelden are also a good source of information.)

Edited by theskymoves

The "Out of memory" problem can be overcome by using the LAA hak on DragonAgeToolset.exe. Once that's been done, there shouldn't be any save you can't manipulate. I've opened .das files of saves made right before the Final Battle on the Ft. Drakon Rooftop (over 13MB). :thumbsup:

Not sure about your other issue. I'm running Win8.1/64-bit and it works for me. :unsure:

(And of course you know that the toolset should be run with admin privileges, right?)

Thank you very much for replying first of all.

@theskymoves: Thnx for picking out the tutorials, I followed their instructions but sadly the toolset still doesn't load any resources. It's not so bad though. Before I saw your reply I used an roundabout way of exporting resources: extracting them right out of the erf files. It's less orderly but not being able to do my tweaks was driving me craaazy x(

It was especially frustrating and confusing because I remember NOT doing anything with the modules on my old pc. I changed from demo to single player module and went right to work. I have no clue why I couldn't do it here.

@Thandal: :D I'm gonna take your word that it works smoothly on Win8. I was just blindly pointing fingers. As I said toolset worked on my old pc without problems(including editing my saves :whistling: ), no clue why it's not right here. Yes, it is running with admin privileges and yes, I enabled it to be able to handle more memory(with the cff explorer; that's the same as using the laa patch). Still out of memory. I wish I wouldn't love it so much...

All in all, the problems are still there, but I can live with them... If someone knows a possible solution, feel free to post it and I'll try it out.