Modding Frostbite

2much4l1

There are no modding tools for Frostbite Engine and the game won't be easy to mod. Honestly I don't think there will be any useful mods for DA3 if they don't release a tool. But then again, I don't expect much from that game. So I'm OK with it.

As long as the exe. files are not tampered with, then you will be fine. It will take a while till people can do simple mesh and texture swaps as most of BioWare and Frostbite tools are 3rd party. If you want Frostbite modding tools, I would suggest nicely asking DICE every now and again about this because they are the guys who will decide whether there will be simple mod tools.

As long as the exe. files are not tampered with, then you will be fine. It will take a while till people can do simple mesh and texture swaps as most of BioWare and Frostbite tools are 3rd party. If you want Frostbite modding tools, I would suggest nicely asking DICE every now and again about this because they are the guys who will decide whether there will be simple mod tools.

Thanks brokenergy. I wonder what would be the incentive for Bioware and Dice to release a nice tool kit. I don't think there are enough people like me who would buy the game just because it was moddable.

I guess if they made a zillion dollars on the vanilla game they might throw us a bone?

Thanks brokenergy. I wonder what would be the incentive for Bioware and Dice to release a nice tool kit. I don't think there are enough people like me who would buy the game just because it was moddable.

I guess if they made a zillion dollars on the vanilla game they might throw us a bone?

Considering that most of their sales have always been in consoles rather than PC (same goes to Beth games), the chances are unlikely as there are so many other things that they have to deal with before mod tools. But there is nothing wrong in asking them every now and then and BioWare knows that mods increase the game's longevity on PC.

You forgot to mention that EA has been less and less open to mods in recent years. I would imagine that even if a tool were slated for release, it would probably come after a score of DLC was made just so that there wasn't any assumed competition. The fact that DA:I has an online and multi-player component makes this all even less likely.

Awesome work Albeoris.

That sounds similar to the previous games except instead of an update folder, it was an override folder.

I was messing around with the TOC files, and I wasn't able to completely view them with notepad. Some of the file information looked to be encrypted. Though, I did see file paths.

Such as:

Inside the chargen.toc

Win32/da3/actors/party/blueprintbundles/qunari_female_chargenbundle

Win32/da3/actors/party/blueprintbundles/dwarf_male_chargenbundle

Win32/da3/actors/party/blueprintbundles/human_female_chargenbundle

Looks as though we'll need a tool to completely unencrypted the file type. What's odd is when I looked up the TOC format, it said wow addons use this format. Even if we can't right away get to actual modding, and adding new stuff; we could always do the old override version of modding. Which is what was used when DAO first came out.