Dragon Age 3.

edgedy

When you talented mod authors get out there and do get to working on Dragon Age Inquisition, please may restoring Cassandra to her Dragon Age 2 glory be one of the first mods you do.

For those that disagree with the idea that her Inquisition appearance needs a fixin, this wasn't aimed at you. I'm talking to those that agree and or are alright with changing her appearance back.

To me Cassandra's face became more masculine while her armor became more "feminine" (not really more feminine, but it was "funnier" to say so, armor is weaker looking though) Why BioWare? Why!?

Someone please fix this:

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w540/TONSofEastCoast/Cassandra_zps9976f231.jpg

Regarding the armor, this would also make a cool alternative:

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w540/TONSofEastCoast/CasandraAlternate_zpsc2176b7f.jpg

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w540/TONSofEastCoast/CasandraAlternate_zpsc2176b7f.jpg

That armour exists in-game. You need to craft it with materials or generic material rather than using armour sets. Also never say never to mods.

Edit: I also would like to add that I love Cassy's new look and it is better than generic fem Hawke. I also find it quite sad that you don't like her appearance just because she doesn't comform with your standards of beauty.

Edited by brokenergy

I'm gutted that there is no official toolkit for DA:I. I realise it has something to do witht his whole Frostbite engine, but I was hoping they would learn from Skyrim. That game is still one of Steam's top sellers three years down the line and a lot of it is down to how amazing the mod scene is.

I guess I can settle for texture mods, but I can't help but sigh at what could of been with some of the amazing modders on Nexus alone.

Still having a blast playing DA:I though :D

Edit: I also would like to add that I love Cassy's new look and it is better than generic fem Hawke. I also find it quite sad that you don't like her appearance just because she doesn't comform with your standards of beauty.

And I think it is quite sad that you think it is sad when someone doesn't share the same tastes as you do when it comes to appearance.

I didn't attack those who prefer a more masculine looking Cassandra, and I don't find it sad either that there are some people who may prefer her new look to her old one. Wasn't even talking to those types really for that very reason.

I just know that, just like there are people who may prefer her new look, there are others who don't and I am hoping that some of those people can figure out how to mod it is all.

But 'ppreciate the other thing you said regarding the armor. Just could have done without the judgmental part of your post is all.

I'm gutted that there is no official toolkit for DA:I. I realise it has something to do witht his whole Frostbite engine, but I was hoping they would learn from Skyrim. That game is still one of Steam's top sellers three years down the line and a lot of it is down to how amazing the mod scene is.

From Bioware/EA's point of view, it looks differently.

First, they would need to release a modding tool that could be publicly distributed, something that would require hundreds of labor hours setting up and probably a considerable amount of money to purchase distribution rights for components of the editor (few companies make their own production tools in-house, even if they have made the engine). Then there is the hosting and distribution costs as well as preparing, hosting, and maintaining documentation. In short, a large amount of time and money invested.

Second, given how things happened with Bioware's social site and their own attempts at hosting an encouraging mods, supporting mods is seen as a continual cost. It is staff that you need to keep on hand to maintain a site, and moderate content. Then comes the death threats, harassment, bickering, and other bad press. All of it is more money and time spent.

Third, with a publisher like EA, mods are seen as directly competing with DLC, or discourages people from buying the next game they make. Take sales of DA:O compared to DA2 for example, and the fact that people still play DA:O instead of buying DA:I right when it came out. We ALL know there are other factors and that most of this view is outright incorrect, but with a company like EA that probably hasn't given up on the idea of churning out a new DA game every 1-2 years, this view holds true. Their marketing model is not based around sales continuing year after year, but is around most of their sale occurring within the first 6 months of release and hoping to turn a profit enough to fund the next installment. Even if mods kept the game alive and made more people buy the game after the fact, it doesn't fit with their marketing model so they don't care about it.

Meaning that modding would only be seen as a large amount of cost, with no benefit (to the eyes of those who make these decisions).

DA2 had no mod support from bioware or tool kit and we at least got some basic gameplay mods and companion mods to change look of them etc..

Question is if anyone here is actually a modder is frostbite hard to mod with?

I think people will mod it unless its really that hard to use and do.

Edited by cooperb21