Get Married Anywhere

JasmoColors

I'm not entirely up to date on the lore for marriage in the Elder Scrolls games but, it would be nice if you could get married somewhere else besides Mara's temple in Riften. I also don't know if this idea has been considered for a mod or not, it's pretty simple and basic and I'm not sure how many people think about marriage while playing Skyrim.

To make a 'getting married anywhere' mod I would suggest to simply put shrines to Mara in other cities and have a priest or two of Mara that could marry you and your chosen beloved. The reason for two priests would to be have one for the marriage and one for a witness so you don't always have to have a crowd. They would also sell the amulet of Mara so if you're in Markarth and want to get married you don't have to travel across Skyrim just to get a necklace, go back to the person, have them say yes then go back to Riften, get married and then go back to Markarth or wherever you want to go afterwards.

I guess then Riften would be the 'big wedding' destination if you wanted a lot of people to come and the rest of the cities would be for smaller weddings, which is a little ironic since Riften is pretty run down and known for its thieves...

It would also be nice if you could buy certain wearable items for weddings, like a special circlet made out of materials native to the area where the shrine is, just something small for the ceremony to make it a bit more special.