Completely lost about installing mods manually

sirystin

No matter how much I read and how many people explain it to me, I just can't figure out how to install mods manually. So far it's appearance mods that are giving me trouble, and CharGenMorph Compiler isn't helping. I know I'm supposed to be able to copy and paste XML file somewhere but I don't know where they're supposed to go. I really need someone to just talk to me like I'm an idiot and walk me through it step by step. Please help. (and please don't be rude)

I'm trying to mod Dragon Age Origins using a Digital Storm computer with Windows 7.

Okay, let's try it again :D

We can do this together. Don't worry it's really not complicated! :yes:

1. Download the file

2. Unzip the rar file for example with win rar or 7z

3. Put the files in your override folder. Usually found here: "My Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age/Packages/Core/Override" although the location of yours might differ.

4. When you have no other cosmetic mod installed then is the one which was included in the downloaded mod enough that the hair or whatever cosmetic mod it is you want to use, should show up in your "Character Creator".

5. It's really important for the cosmetic mods that you only have ONE chargenmorphfile in your override folder!!

That this work so far?

If yes, then install another mod you want to use. It's in most of the cases the same procedure: Download, unzip, put the files in your override folder.

So, now you have two chargenmorphfiles which you have to compile to one! This can be done by using the chargenmorph compiler or you make the edits by yourself.

When you right click on the chargenmorphfile and open it with editor or notepad it will look like this:

http://i.minus.com/iBbeotBkmqSer.JPG

The first category ( with the red circle on the pic) are the heads. Here you will find all entries for the mop files- the presets you want to use. Of course parted for the different races and gender.

When you want to use a preset of a mod then copy and paste the entry of the chargenmorphfile which comes with the preset mod in the head category. If it's a human male preset then just add the line under the heads/ human male.

Your chargen will then look like this:

http://i.minus.com/i4IPSNlm9WaDD.JPG

See, the blue highlighted line is your edit and where it belongs if it's a human male preset.

If it's a hairstyle you scroll down to the section "hair" and paste the line from the chargenfile of the mod you want to use under the according section: female elf hair under "hair/ female_elf" and so on.

Maybe it's easier if you pick two mods which you want to use and I can explain it better. :smile:

For the hair tints it's the same. Put the folder in your override and then copy and paste under the section <hair_colors> the lines from the readme which comes with the mod. Everything you need to know is in the readme. :)

No but I can copy and paste it here.

-<hair_colors>
<resource name="t3_har_wht"/>
<resource name="t3_har_bln"/>
<resource name="t3_har_dbl"/>
<resource name="t3_har_org"/>
<resource name="t3_har_red"/>
<resource name="t3_har_lbr"/>
<resource name="t3_har_rbr"/>
<resource name="t3_har_dbr"/>
<resource name="t3_har_blk"/>
<resource name="Ri_har_R01" />