Dragon Age Rules Fixpack

• Please log in to reply
641 replies to this topic

setiweb

setiweb

Ordinary Average Guy

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Just a simple question. Do i have to put the FOLDERS themselves into the overide or whats IN the folders. I cant make it out from the readmes.

I just put the folder GT Core Rules Fixpack - BETA into my override. Delete any subfolder you dont want to use.

GreyGhost8765k

GreyGhost8765k

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Well, if you know which components they are, mind sharing that info?

Dragoon001

Dragoon001

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
@GreyGhost8765k

You find detailed answers in the comments of course, but for now avoid anything that tempers with item handling like the helmet and loot components and such. Just browse the comments for more info. Nothing can be said that haven't before.

Edited by Dragoon001, 14 January 2011 - 10:34 AM.

GreyGhost8765k

GreyGhost8765k

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Too bad they didn't put up the source code, someone could have continued the project if they were no longer willing. The amount of scripting errors in this game are simply amazing! This is the only mod I've been able to find that was trying to fix a great many of them.

thebigg

thebigg

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I didn't post the component list because I'm still struggling to figure out some lag I'm experiencing (but, yes, I agree that launching non-substantiated accusations is bad practice - my bad). If you read the comments, "Fix - No Stealth Drop on Friendly Spells" makes Darkspawn Chronicles unwinnable, "Tweak - No Helmet" has a tendency of forgetting which helmet you were wearing, "Tweak - Auto Loot - Kills" breaks some quests, and "Tweak - Remove Modal VFX Ground AoE" causes a couple of Sustained AoE abilities to actually do nothing.

Edited by thebigg, 17 January 2011 - 06:03 PM.

GreyGhost8765k

GreyGhost8765k

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Thanks for that list. Out of all of those listed I only used the Stealth Fix, which I'll be sure to remove when I play Darkspawn Chronicles. I did use the Helmet one for a time, but found a better mod to replace it. I'm (IMMENSELY) grateful the author of this fix pack made it modular, more or less.

Edited by GreyGhost8765k, 18 January 2011 - 04:57 AM.

CrilleA90

CrilleA90

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Bioware/EA has shut him down, He were making the game playable so they Threatened to sue him if he didn't stop.

Reason or so i heard is that WE DON*T CARE THAT PPL CAN*T PLAY OUR GAME CAUSE OF BUGS. WE JUST WANT OUR DAMN MONEY MAKE THEM BUY OUR DLC. If you fix stuff you will ruin it for us since our game will actually be playable which we don't want.

Seriously this make actually happen:P

Would be nice if someone actually took this up where he left off)

Edited by CrilleA90, 22 January 2011 - 12:33 AM.

tinman06

tinman06

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
The author states in the mod description that any mod that has an engineevents*.gda file in the override directory may not be compatible with this mod.

Some people in the comments report that this mod is compatible with Combat Tweaks, but Combat Tweaks has an engineevents_ct.gda file in the override directory that has several conflicting entries with the Dragon Age Rules Fixpack mod engineevents gda file.

Can anyone familiar with event manager comment on the result of the conflicting entries and the effect it will have on both mods? I would like to get some of the fixes from this mod, but I'm hesitant to try it out out for fear of screwing up combat tweaks.

Edited by tinman06, 26 January 2011 - 06:29 PM.

GreyGhost8765k

GreyGhost8765k

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Would be nice if someone actually took this up where he left off)

Unfortunately gastank didn't release the source, so they would have to start over from scratch. Which looks rather daunting.

Gavinfoxx

Gavinfoxx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi, I'm trying to figure out what popular gameplay effects and changes mods are compatible with each other. Are the latest Combat Tweaks mod and the latest Rules Fixpack mods compatible with one another? What about the Awakening in the OC mod? The Morrigan Restoration Mod? Thanks!

EDIT: Ack, I fully added this mod and no other, but it seems to be removing the helmets every time I do much anything after putting them on, with my active group... any idea what is causing this and how to fix it??
EDIT EDIT: Never mind the helmet thing!

Edited by Gavinfoxx, 27 January 2011 - 10:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.902 seconds