Heavy Traffic ×

Add Teleport Attribute to Object

Binhthuy

I would like to use a small boat as a teleport point for a mod I'm making. The player would be able to "look" at the boat when closeby, like the existing doors, hatches, ladders in the game, and then have the option to activate the teleport.

I've done searches and I've only found a script to make an equippable object a teleport point. I'd be grateful if one of you could point me to a tutorial or write up that will enable to make a static object function as a teleport point.

For future Reference

First statics can't have scripts attached to them so you would need an activator.

To turn any object into a door

1. extract the mesh from the meshes.bsa using FOMM or BSAopt
  2. Pace the mesh in it's proper file directory in your data/meshes folder.
  3. place any door in the GECK and rename it's Form ID to "my door" (what ever want)
  4. In the model field of the new form direct the path to the model in your data folder you want to use.
  5. Optional, You can force a text on the form that will display another word if you don't want it to say door.
  6. Save the new form It will now be a door using the new model and the teleport will work. I have done with with buildings windows and many other meshes.
  7. Delete the mesh you used from your data folder. It is not needed if you used the same file path as the BSA uses and doesn't have to be distributed with the mod.

Done and Done New door! :dance: