Is S.T.E.P. a Mod or a Guide?

CplDevilDog

I'm confused. It looks like a "How to set up stable Vanilla+" on the Wiki, but it has "Download with NMM" files on Nexus and shows up in NMM under "Overhauls".

I've downloaded DDSopt, NMM and LOOT so far. Ready to edit the INI files recommended in STEP but, if the "Mod" does that for me....<shrug and scratches head>

Sincerely yours,

Astoundingly Stupid

STEP is an extremely subjective guide, not a mod in itself. The downloads on the so-named mod page here on the Nexus are patches and merged plugins that require mods installed as suggested by the guide on the STEP wiki, found here.

STEP...is just that..A bunch of "Steps" that you take in order, that lead to a very Stable setup, you then add your own mods on top if you so choose.

Most all the parts of STEP are found on the nexus including the Guide and the patches for step....Start at the TOP of the Wiki page and do everything IN order, you do everything! Nothing is done for you.

IF the guide says make an INI edit...you do it. INstall a mod or make a change in the way LOOT sorts your mods...you will learn a lot following the guide. IT is well layed out.

STEP is an extremely subjective guide, not a mod in itself. The downloads on the so-named mod page here on the Nexus are patches and merged plugins that require mods installed as suggested by the guide on the STEP wiki, found here.

I thought that they actually had done some testing as well...

Some of what found in their lists had given me issues in testing.