Can't download any file

Jofe

It's pretty much the title. I downloaded Skyrim again a couple of weeks ago and came to get some mods and found out none would download. Since I've seen the servers have some hiccups before I didn't pay too much attention at that moment. But I tried again later and same issue and the some time later again and again and here I am today. Nothing works, have tired with various web browsers and all throw me their own way of saying that the connection timed out because the server didn't respond. Have tried with the Nexus Mod Manager and I get "Error trying to get the file". Have tried with many mods and no use. Its getting pretty annoying because I really want to play Skyrim again. Thanks for any solutions that you can give me.

Not much info to go on - it works for me. The only thing I can suggest is something on your end is blocking downloads.

Have you tried downloading from some other site?

Is your firewall blocking anything?

Java working?

The rest of the Internet works fine, can download files from all the sites I've tried on. Downloading from Steam works, the Battle.net client too. Even other certain downloads work, that I only mention to point out that downloading works fine. Javascript is on, I don't have any sort of adblockers or noscript going on. Java seems to be working. The needed exceptions are there on the windows firewall, turned it off anyway just to discard that possibility, also my AV just to leave that out. . And still doesn't work. What is odd is that no method works. None of the browsers I've tried (Opera, Firefox, Chrome, even tried with IE) work, or even the Mod Manager, all throw basically the same error that says that they couldn't contact the server. Also tried the Nexus Download Diagnoser and it also fails (eventually I get an error message that says "couldn't connect to remote server"). No idea of what might be causing the issue. In case it helps I'm using Windows 7 64bit, all the latest versions of the mentioned browsers and what I'm guessing is the latest version of the Nexus Mod Manager because I had to download it again.