Extreme lag when exiting interior to go outside

SRSR333

I think you should consider the following.

If your going to use player made textures remove USKP Texture Fixes....obviously also remove the HD packs esp's from the LO.

There really is no since in using these if your using a complete texture overhaul they are just taking up LO space.

It was already said to consider removing player made textures.

Stop using ENB

Try FXAA injector here on Nexus alongside CLO this is a great alternative that I personally think works great with the games provided HD tex packs and the FPS hit is about 2 outside which really I prefer to have 50+ FPS during fights with say 3 dragons from deadly dragons mod. Just me but I love performance.

Remove SMIM

IMHO, I don't like SMIM, I don't feel that high poly ropes and other stuff I don't spend anytime looking at are worth the loss in performance. Place a 3 page paper here about why I think its stupid.

Remove COT and its patches.

-What really did COT in for me was the ambient sound that came packaged in it. When I can hear a couple of Germans placing an order for a cafe' latte and well I know they just ordered one and that's supposed to be what makes it immersive... Not for me. Also COT makes a lot of big changes on the game don't kid yourself your losing performance on this one.

Try out "Pure Weather" which IMHO, is better due to not using scripts but only working withen the main confines of the original patterns to enhance the game which in turn makes it extremely compatible. Note also that it has texture packs that favor end-user's that don't want to sacrifice FPS to play with this cool mod. Choices as low as 256 and high as 1080.

Pure Water,

Hands down IMHO the best there is bar none. This is a well made water mod that actually goes over the top but makes almost no sacrifices on the end user that wants performance.

Its freakin got everything that most players would want in a water mod...barring extremely high end resolutions and super pretty rocks. You wont loose performance on this one and you gain so much eye candy.

Get rid of "When Vampires Attack" replace with "No Vampire Attacks" hey your using a game with a lot on the script system so honestly WVA might not work properly at all and has been my experience when using a heavy load order. No vamp attacks can be found googling it there are like only 2 different mods here on Nexus for it. End result is ppl in town stop dying off.

Skytest, love the mod just be aware that this one even its author says to use in a light load order or basically at your own risk in heavy LO's.

You basically should not try to place any more npc spawns into your game because you choose this one.

When you've made those changes run a script cleaner or save cleaner. Also at your own risk but hey I use them and mostly its fine.

Underwater Grass Remover.

This mod removes a EXPLICIT FOUR LETTER WORD amount of useless stuff from your game that you only see when underwater...Note that the typical player spends all of about 5 minutes total underwater.

Expect FPS gains outside but this varies but can be as high as 5 FPS.

Google up the following keywords.

Skyrim Dust

Skyrim Particals

Skyrim Fire

Skyrim Ice

Skyrim Leaves

Those should lead to some reduced texture mods for those objects and effects that really are non-sense stuff and robbing you of performance and I'm talking like at least 5 FPS so they are great for ppl that want to spend resources elsewhere or just cant stand a slow game.

To everyone saying "too much for a laptop", this is a great laptop for gaming. Not what your grandma uses to go on AOL.

I play Skyrim with lots of mods AND ENB on a lower specced laptop (i7-3630qm, GT650M 2Gb, 12Gb ram, ssd drive) and it plays just fine.

Oh well I just saw that the issue is resolved hehe. Skyrim on the go is the best !

You mentioned many things that either I don't have, or don't want to do, all for the sake of 1-5 FPS gains (fact remains that I now average 45 FPS even in texture- and physics-heavy areas such as Falkreath forests, Shadowgreen Cavern or plains in The Rift). I'm very sure now that it was purely badly-configured ini files that were the culprit. Still, I want to elaborate on your replies, so here goes:

I think you should consider the following.

If your going to use player made textures remove USKP Texture Fixes....obviously also remove the HD packs esp's from the LO.
There really is no since in using these if your using a complete texture overhaul they are just taking up LO space.

It was already said to consider removing player made textures.

According to Gopher, texture overhauls do not replace ALL stock textures - there may be a few that have been left out (it's mentioned in his mod tutorials in YouTube). And secondly, the devs of USKP recommend using the Textures patch even if you're using a texture replacer.

Stop using ENB

Try FXAA injector here on Nexus alongside CLO this is a great alternative that I personally think works great with the games provided HD tex packs and the FPS hit is about 2 outside which really I prefer to have 50+ FPS during fights with say 3 dragons from deadly dragons mod. Just me but I love performance.

I don't use any ENB - I use ENBoost (which isn't ENB) to enable 64-bit memory capability.

Remove SMIM
IMHO, I don't like SMIM, I don't feel that high poly ropes and other stuff I don't spend anytime looking at are worth the loss in performance. Place a 3 page paper here about why I think its stupid.

I think it makes the game look better with minimal performance hit - and I've seen this sort of 'don't use SMIM, you won't spend your time in Skyrim staring at ropes and tables' - but as a matter of fact, I do. Well, maybe not, but at the very least, I appreciate that the game looks that much better with SMIM added. The inns everywhere look so much better, and it feels like this was how the game was originally supposed to look, so I really don't want to get rid of SMIM.

Remove COT and its patches.
-What really did COT in for me was the ambient sound that came packaged in it. When I can hear a couple of Germans placing an order for a cafe' latte and well I know they just ordered one and that's supposed to be what makes it immersive... Not for me. Also COT makes a lot of big changes on the game don't kid yourself your losing performance on this one.

Well... I disabled CoT and all I got was worse-looking lights. I saw no performance gain whatsoever. Might as well leave it installed since it makes the game look better.

Try out "Pure Weather" which IMHO, is better due to not using scripts but only working withen the main confines of the original patterns to enhance the game which in turn makes it extremely compatible. Note also that it has texture packs that favor end-user's that don't want to sacrifice FPS to play with this cool mod. Choices as low as 256 and high as 1080.

I will take a look at this - thanks for the recommendation.

Pure Water,
Hands down IMHO the best there is bar none. This is a well made water mod that actually goes over the top but makes almost no sacrifices on the end user that wants performance.
Its freakin got everything that most players would want in a water mod...barring extremely high end resolutions and super pretty rocks. You wont loose performance on this one and you gain so much eye candy.

I already use Realistic Water Two. What exactly is the difference between RW2 and Pure Waters? Everyone says RW2 is the best water mod out there.

Get rid of "When Vampires Attack" replace with "No Vampire Attacks" hey your using a game with a lot on the script system so honestly WVA might not work properly at all and has been my experience when using a heavy load order. No vamp attacks can be found googling it there are like only 2 different mods here on Nexus for it. End result is ppl in town stop dying off.

Nah... I want to keep my vampire attacks. They're fun.

Skytest, love the mod just be aware that this one even its author says to use in a light load order or basically at your own risk in heavy LO's.
You basically should not try to place any more npc spawns into your game because you choose this one.

Yeah, I use SkyTEST but I haven't come across any script-related CTDs yet - most were because of a bad uGrids setting or bad .ini patches.

When you've made those changes run a script cleaner or save cleaner. Also at your own risk but hey I use them and mostly its fine.

Of course. I use the save cleaner as soon as I uninstall a mod.

Underwater Grass Remover.

This mod removes a EXPLICIT FOUR LETTER WORD amount of useless stuff from your game that you only see when underwater...Note that the typical player spends all of about 5 minutes total underwater.

But there aren't a lot of very watery places in Skyrim, save the swamps near Solitude and Morthal. And I get 60 FPS underwater - I don't see a need to remove these.

Google up the following keywords.

Skyrim Dust
Skyrim Particals
Skyrim Fire
Skyrim Ice
Skyrim Leaves

Those should lead to some reduced texture mods for those objects and effects that really are non-sense stuff and robbing you of performance and I'm talking like at least 5 FPS so they are great for ppl that want to spend resources elsewhere or just cant stand a slow game.

Snow, dust, fire, ice and leaves look bad enough - I don't want to make them look worse. In fact I am trying to do the opposite of what you're suggesting here - getting better textures on snow and getting falling leaves and such. Sorry about that.

@ SRSR333

Sorry your feathers are ruffled but lets get this clear

Those suggestions are all valid points on making things perform better. Given the thread title and such.

Given that I leaped in here and addressed your issues and offered so many point by point suggestions. Looked through all of your ini files, purused your mod list looking for problems.....

You should be a little more appreciative of my having given to you my "free-time" to help you resolve your issue.

Thanks for being a brat, guess the jokes on me then.

Happy Turkey Day.

Edited by gamefever

@ SRSR333

Sorry your feathers are ruffled but lets get this clear

My 'feathers are ruffled'? I was trying to be as polite as possible while disagreeing with you on your points. If you find disagreement offensive, well, I'm sorry for disagreeing with you.

Those suggestions are all valid points on making things perform better. Given the thread title and such.

I never said that they weren't valid. You have your own style of playing/modding, I have my own.

Given that I leaped in here and addressed your issues and offered so many point by point suggestions. Looked through all of your ini files, purused your mod list looking for problems.....

You should be a little more appreciative of my having given to you my "free-time" to help you resolve your issue.

I did thank you in my reply earlier. I wanted to address each and every point you made instead of blanket-disregarding your post, hence I broke up your own reply bit by bit and answered them one by one. Once again, I can't possibly be more polite than I was earlier. Did you read my reply in its entirety, or just read the first paragraph and got all haughty?

Thanks for being a brat, guess the jokes on me then.

Disagreeing with someone is not being a brat. You're the one being offensive here now. Once again, I apologise if I offended you in any way (although I cannot for the life of me see how so). Please, enlighten me (and please read my reply again fully if you haven't).

Happy Turkey Day.

Thank you. Although I don't celebrate it, Happy Thanksgiving Day to you too.