Skyrim Disc and Steam

agustinusbenyamin

Hi guys,

I am living in Singapore (as a foreigner) and my school and its dorm somehow banned stream.

I don't really know why, my computer cannot connect to VPN such as Hotspot shield that people say can help me to connect to stream.

Recently I found in gametrader.sg that Skyrim is sold as a disc too.

I wonder if I install it trough disc, will it need to connect to Steam as well?

Also, I find that someone post it as selling "Skyrim" and selling "Skyrim (code unredeemed)"

What will happen if I buy a redeemed Skyrim?

Lastly, is there any game shop in Singapore that sell skyrim and how much is that?

Will it be more expensive than buying at Steam (I think it was 49$ for Legendary edition)
Honestly I'm quite broke after spending all my part time money to buy proper laptop for my school's need XD

I'm sorry for the questions, I'm new to PC gaming and steam.

Hope for your help. Thanks a lot!

Skyrim is a Steam exclusive game. Even though you have bought a legitimate Skyrim disc, it still requires a Steam account and Steam activation and additional downloads from Steam. There is no such thing as a legal non-Steam Skyrim.

Once you have managed to get the game registered, you will be able to set it for off-line where it won't try to access Steam every time.

If your school has banned Steam, it's likely they will get around to banning other download sites as well, including The Nexus.

Do you have access to an internet cafe or wifi? If you can connect (with your laptop) to steam away from school you could register and verify your copy, then set to offline mode.

IMO Auto Update from Steam Workshop for those mods is not a good feature, as I want control over what mod updates are applied to my saves. I always unsubscribe from any Steam Workshop mod.

I would guess that far over 90% of my hours played have been with Steam set to offline.

Edited by TeofaTsavo

You need to have skyrim on your steam account, after that, download it once and keep it backed up on an external HDD (I doubt a single disk will fit everything including DLCs)

This wont run offline until steam is logged into once. Try a program called Tunnelbear to get into steam.

https://www.tunnelbear.com

Good luck!