Upgrading my pc for a better skyrim :)

theothersider

Hello all and to all those that helped me with my ENB flickering ( volumetric rays )

Any who . This is not a support just need general opinions.

I am going to be up grading my PC to hopfully play a sharper sexier looking skyrim . My current PC is a fx-6300 and a hd 7870 2gb . not overtly impressive as with it i get alot of lag and generally a frame rate of 25-32 or so fps . with realvision and most of the recomended mods.

I am soon going to be upgrading both my cpu and my gpu . for a cpu i am going with the fx- 8350 black edition 4.0 ghz ( turbo up to 4.5 ) and a GTX 970 4gb gpu.

I was wondering if i will see much of a frame rate increase , something like 35-40 fps constantly . with my realvision would be great. Or am i asking for to much ?

Hello all and to all those that helped me with my ENB flickering ( volumetric rays )

Any who . This is not a support just need general opinions.

I am going to be up grading my PC to hopfully play a sharper sexier looking skyrim . My current PC is a fx-6300 and a hd 7870 2gb . not overtly impressive as with it i get a lot of lag and generally a frame rate of 25-32 or so fps . with realvision and most of the recomended mods.

I am soon going to be upgrading both my cpu and my gpu . for a cpu i am going with the fx- 8350 black edition 4.0 ghz ( turbo up to 4.5 ) and a GTX 970 4gb gpu.

I was wondering if i will see much of a frame rate increase , something like 35-40 fps constantly . with my realvision would be great. Or am i asking for to much ?

Just keep in mind that Skyrim is a very GPU bound game.

Upgrading your CPU really is not an effective solution.

With CPU's you get a 'platform' level of performance.

The GTX 970 would be a good move but you would have an older CPU driving a New GPU.

I was going to go with a intel cpu but I would have to upgrade my motherboard in order to use it. which would put me out pf budget, i decided on this combo because over at new egg there combo deals for gpu/cpu tend to put the fx-8350 and the gtx 970 together . Yeah i prolly could just upgrade my gpu for skyrim. but i wanted to bring my cpu up for other games that are coming out later like evolve and fortenight . trying to make sure i have the power to play either cpu or gpu bound games in the future.

I was going to go with a intel cpu but I would have to upgrade my motherboard in order to use it. which would put me out pf budget, i decided on this combo because over at new egg there combo deals for gpu/cpu tend to put the fx-8350 and the gtx 970 together . Yeah i prolly could just upgrade my gpu for skyrim. but i wanted to bring my cpu up for other games that are coming out later like evolve and fortenight . trying to make sure i have the power to play either cpu or gpu bound games in the future.

The reason that was said is that it would only add a few FPS and compared to the $150 outlay...

That is about half what it would cost to swap to an Intel i5 and Motherboard.

Bang for the buck ... The GTX 970.is good

You need to make sure your PSU is up to the task.

A quality 550 to 650 would be best.

Yeah intel is nice > i would love to have one . When i build this PC it was a budget build. It is what I like about AMD nearly as good as intel at usually half the cost . I have had no complaints about my Fx-6300 it is just time for something with a little more punch. My psu is a corsair 750w tx power supply so i think i got that covered .

I plan to play skyrim at 900p( 1080 if it does not kill my frames) do any of you think 50-60fps is possible with the gtx 970 . with realvision full and the reccomended mods ?

Yeah intel is nice > i would love to have one . When i build this PC it was a budget build. It is what I like about AMD nearly as good as intel at usually half the cost . I have had no complaints about my Fx-6300 it is just time for something with a little more punch. My psu is a corsair 750w tx power supply so i think i got that covered .

I plan to play skyrim at 900p( 1080 if it does not kill my frames) do any of you think 50-60fps is possible with the gtx 970 . with realvision full and the reccomended mods ?

Here is an outtake video that was dong for a project,

GTX 970 RealVision ENB 4k rocks,,,,, it was a live stream so might have a few expletives !

Watched Deadwood... so my vocabulary will never be the same..

It will give you some insight.