More Vanilla.

xKiwil

Unless these have been done, go ahead and call me out but I can't find anything for the life of me.

I really think there needs to be more crafty things dedicated to the vanilla bodies/presets of Fallout. Unlike myself, most people like to use Breeze/Robert body type for the males and use Type 3 (is there a Type 4?) for females. I prefer the vanilla body because well... I'm not that invested into the game where I want my character to be naked all the time.

I just think there should be some more things that pertain to the vanilla meshes and textures. So, here are some mods I had in mind:

Tattoos:

Unless you're a modder or handy with the G.E.C.K, you don't know how to do certain things with certain NPCs or let alone your own character. For most of the time that I have played Fallout, I've always had the butch kind of person. Gets into bar fights, takes a shot of jet, and doesn't worry about dying at a young age. I feel as if tattoos play a wonderful part into this concept and I would love for someone to make a mod for either the female/male vanilla bodies which allows the character to have tattoos. I guess, the easiest way would of course be some sort of apparel? Just put the tattoos on like some sort of clothing so if at some point, you don't want them anymore, you can just slip them right off. Like I said if this has already been done before, just call me out.

Underwear:

FOR THE LIFE OF ME. I can not find any underwear mods for the female vanilla body and it urks me. I've found shirtless mods for the male vanilla body but yet, nothing for the female one. If someone could just make a pair of regular panties (maybe a thong if you wanna get kinky) and a bra for the vanilla female body, THIS WOULD BE GREAT. Type 3 bodies get cared to, too much for these sort of things. Like stated before, some people choose not to use body modifications. I personally don't like seeing the vanilla females wearing boy shorts and a tank-top to bed though.

Like I said if this has already been done before, just call me out.

Piercings:

Now, from digging deep into the internet, I manage to find some facial piercings for the vanilla male body. Sadly -- all the piercings are; are just nose rings and chained earrings connecting to said nose rings. Also, some Nuke earrings as well. They can be used on females but they will be a bit off centered. If you are playing a Fiend or a Khan character, maybe you too would like some sort of facial piercings. Actually, to be fair, I don't think I've seen any type of facial piercings for New Vegas, unless of course the mod has been taken down or hidden. If there was a way to make a mod that played for both vanilla and non, that would be awesome too! Maybe some lip rings, septum piercings, eyebrow, or hell! Maybe even some nose bridge rings too. Like I said if this has already been done before, just call me out.

So if anyone else agrees, awesome! If anyone decides to make any of these, AWESOME-ER. I'd /totally/ be willing to play test the mods as well. Kudos to anyone who has done this or is down too. :-)

Just make like me and download the non-nude versions of Type 3 and Robert's! It works fine, trust me. Robert's has an integrated non-nude version, and there's a separate Nexus page for non-nude Type 3... somewhere. I'm not sure where. But it's really popular - you'll find it!

I'm aware of the non-nude type but I see nothing wrong with modifying the body just for the pleasure of having a "six pack" or a thinner wast, bigger boobs or a bigger butt. That's not what Fallout is about.

Finally, someone who doesn't like the alternate body mods! Ugggghhhh I know the feels.

I'm certainly glad I'm not alone on this, that's for sure.

Edited by brilulz

The problem with the vanilla bodies is (and don't look at me weird for this) that their is no completely nude base version. And before you scream perv and grab your pitchforks what I mean is that if you are making underwear for them there is no mesh area for the areas covered by the base underwear (unless they are in another outfit). This means if you want to put the male character in some briefs there is no mesh for the inside of the legs and the same for females.

That said I did make a swim suit for vanilla females a few years back if you want to use it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cr2myyjottf87lf/SwimSF.nif?dl=0

It's the yellow on pictured here:

http://static-1.nexusmods.com/15/mods/120/images/17542-1-1337798204.jpg

Edit: Actually what I said above for females is wrong there is a full female body in the prosfemale01.nif outfit still no male version.

Edited by flamenx01

@Jokerine | Thanks for agreeing! :-)

@flamenx01 | Thanks so much for the dropbox file but really, the male isn't the issue. Men typically wear boxers and there is already a base for the vanilla male with the shirt off, so if you are saying that there is a full female body than WHA-LA, there shouldn't be a problem.

Honestly, if I really could -- I would have made these mods already, I'm just a beginner in the GECK and lord, just making a simple companion is hard.