Strangest thing I've ever seen with Skyrim

chiknnwatrmln

Hi, my Skyrim installation has been incredibly messed up for a while now and I can't figure out why. I gave up a few months ago and decided to just not play anymore, but the past few days I decided to figure it out once and for all and I've been working to fix it.

The problem is this: Whenever I load an exterior save (clean save, old save, new save, no matter) my game crashes immediately. But here's where it gets weird. If I load a save in an interior (or start a new file) and get the game started, I can load the save in the exterior and play without a problem. Actually, with all the recent bugfixing I've done it plays really well now.

Things I've tried

-I slimmed down my load order from ~190 to ~135 mods (will post load order at end)

-Made sure ENB is correctly configured to help with memory (~3.5gb use of my 4gb VRAM)

-Checked to make sure Sheson's patch is still working properly and that blocks aren't full

-Checked Papyrus logs and removed most mods and scripts throwing multiple error codes

-Used TESVEdit and removed most mods causing lots of errors (DLCs too - I am disappoint, Bethesda)

-Tried running the game with a new save, still happens after my intial save

-Tried running the game with 0 mods, and a new save

-Compressed my textures and resized the >4096 ones

-Made sure my ini's are still tweaked properly (they seem to be, I will attach)

-Forcing single GPU (this bug happened before I went CF)

I did remove my Meshes folder for a bit and the game started up flawlessly every single time. I figured maybe a corrupt mesh, but process of elimination yielded nothing. What I did find out, however, is that after a certain amount of meshes (not many, ran the game with many more for years without problem) I get the issue.

What confuses me is that if this was a problem with the amount of high poly meshes (I use SMIM and parallax mods), wouldn't the problem appear regardless of whether or not the game is running?

Please help me, I really want to play Skyrim again.

My relevant PC specs are as follows:

ASUS Sabertooth Z77

i7 3770k @ 4.6GHz

R9 290x + R9 290 crossfire (using FEAR CF profile for TESV)

Samsung 840 Pro SSD

4x4gb G. Skill Ripjaws X RAM

Edited by chiknnwatrmln

So, if you load an interior save, and then go outside to play, everything works fine? Looking at your files, the only thing I can suggest trying is lowering your uexterior cell buffer down to 32, just as a troubleshooting measure. With your Crossfire setup, I can't believe that's causing an issue, but it's worth a shot.