Request: Troop Ability Bfug Fixing

thebestesofeveythingever

This may not be the right forum to post this topic on but...

There are bugs Im experiencing with my soldiers' abilities as follows:

1.Rapid reaction doesn't make the first reaction shot on overwatch a guaranteed hit.

2. HEAT Ammo only increases the damage of rocket attacks against robotic units.

3.Killer instinct doesn't work at all.

If anyone creates a bug fix for the aforementioned bugs it will be much appreciated.

None of such bugs actually exist in game. Are you sure you've read corresponding descriptions carefully?

"Rapid Reaction

Confers a second reaction shot, if on Overwatch and the first reaction shot is a hit."

This says nothing about guaranteed hit.

"HEAT Ammo

+100% to damage against robotic enemies.

EW DLC: Confers +50% damage against robotic enemies."

This actually works as described in vanilla game. In Long War mod this perk is replaced by HEAT Warheads, which indeed works for rockets only.

"Killer Instinct

Activating Run & Gun now also grants +50% critical damage for the rest of the turn."

This works exactly as described too.

About Rapid Reaction: I actually get a second reaction shot all the time if on overwatch with this ability so... either the phrase "and the first reaction shot is a hit" means this ability also makes the first reaction shot a guaranteed hit in addition to granting a second reaction shot when on overwatch what and then I have the aforementioned bug,or it means that in order to get a second reaction shot the unit needs to be on overwatch and also hit with the first reaction shot(as you've said) and then I have a bug where I get a second reaction shot if on overwatch regardless of whether the first one hits or not.

About HEAT Ammo: I'm playing EW without Long War and in my copy of the game this ability only increases the damage of rocket attacks, suppression with mayhem and maybe grenade attacks(I haven't ever used grenades against robotic enemies with a soldier with HEAT Ammo) against robotic enemies and not the damage of regular attacks with the primary weapon against robotic enemies.

About Killer Instinct: I've actually misread the description of that ability, it could be working fine.

Thanks for the help.

Rapid Reaction description looks clear to me: the ability requires soldier to be on OW and to score a hit with OW shot. Only then that soldier is granted another shot. Again, nothing in the description says anything about guaranteed hit.

In vanilla game HEAT Ammo applies to all damage dealt by the Heavy. I haven't played vanilla game for a while, but I can't recall any problems with this perk. Nor I can remember any other player mentioning this.