• Please log in to reply
2749 replies to this topic

VyseSkern

VyseSkern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
WitchWolf

If you want to recruit Gorim, his shop won't be accessible anymore, it seems no one takes Gorim's place in Denerim Market

FelioCusland

FelioCusland

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
I have finished playing the Cullen storyline with a female mage (meaning I have made all his quests and finished the dialogue options), so instead of asking about a glitch I want to share some impressions, for a change :P.
I have to say that (while I see many areas for improvement) he turned out a good character, with a not fully explored background but convincing. The risk of becoming an Alistair II is gracefully avoided, while he has the same inhibitions Alistair (and all trained templar) has. The dialogue, though, could use more option unrelated to romance, specially at higher approval, as with a non romanceable character he turns out quite plain.
He's still a good mix of Alistair's innocence and Leliana's romantic spirit (and fancy for epic stories). The second quest comes a bit out of the blue, but is good and fun to do. The romance, as I said, is well balanced considering it starts way before recruiting him, and goes smoothly even if he asked my char to bed by himself even AFTER I made them do the ummentionable asking him first (all the other romance companions don't take the initiative if you take it first, unles the first time they refused). And he's so sweet, even if I'm a man i felt sympathy for him. :)

(I admit it: I've a weakness for happy ending difficult love stories O:) )

By the way (just to not lose the habit :P) I've noticed something and I want to ask: in the readme it is said that the mod modifies the file cir000ip_fade_pedistal.ncs/.nss thogh I didn't see fade pedestals during the quest that involves the fade, intead I've seen some portal. Is that you modify the access to the fade to make the mod compatible with Skip the Fade (and you can manually remove the file in karmas companions to make it work) or it is used elsewhere/I didn't see it?

WitchWolf

WitchWolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Far as I understood, this mod isn't compatible with Skip The Fade one. I went around that by installing the 'Skippy', then uninstalling it right after the Fade and everything worked out just fine.

Additionally, I haven't taken Gorim with me so I don't know for certain, but still.. If Gorim is taken on as a companion then he is gone from the Market District and if he is gone, that would likely make "Harsh Decisions" quest undoable (The last one in "K"/"D" conflict in 'Favours For Interested Parties' questline) since the quest requires the PC to give a "nod" to three contacts, one of them being Gorim.

Edited by WitchWolf, 18 October 2010 - 08:41 PM.

Spidercat

Spidercat

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 5,451 posts
I've been through all the companions quests except Gorim's. I don't have any new thaig on the map, nor do I find a captain Roshen anywhere. What am I missing ?

I really like what you've done with Dragon's Peak and most especially with Aeonar. Very nice ! =)

karmalade

karmalade

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts
@WitchWolf
When you accept the quest, talk to Gorim in your party. The usual dialogue option becomes available. I added that line into Gorim's dialogue for that reason.

@SpiderCat
Have you talked to Gorim about finding Kobaliman Thaig yet? I assume so. If you talked to him while he was in your party, you may have to head back to camp and then look at the map again. The Gwaren map pin is on the main world map in the south-east corner. There won't be a Captain Roshen; Gorim was just telling the Warden that Capt. Roshen failed to find the thaig.

ladydesire

ladydesire

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
Re: the Valeria mod maker; I'm not too impressed with the guy's attitude about working with other modders, nor am I impressed with his mod so far. *wanders off to see if Lealion, Legion and Lanna want to hunt some Darkspawn*

WitchWolf

WitchWolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Funny little thing: Just went back to the Circle Tower with Cullen in my party only to find *another* Cullen standing close to the library. Not a glitch as such, but looked ridiculous regardless; wondering if he has a twin brother now...

Edited by WitchWolf, 19 October 2010 - 03:12 AM.

karmalade

karmalade

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts
@WitchWolf
Already found that one and hopefully fixed it this time. Apparently when I say destroy him, the script thinks I mean only sometimes. The fixed version will be in the next bug_fix file, though it probably won't do you any good as it won't retroactively destroy him.

@ladydesire
Yeah, the Valeria mod has some interesting ideas but they aren't executed very well. The mod needs some serious work. Particularly annoying is the bad lighting in all of his areas and the battles that are so massive that the game CTDs. Also, does Valeria's face look familiar to you? I think I've seen her somewhere.

Spidercat

Spidercat

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 5,451 posts
We were in Orzammar when Gorim told me about his quest and I assumed his thaig would be accessed through the deep roads there. I went outside Orzammar to get access to the world map but didn't think I'd had to go back to camp.

You've done good work with this area too, my fav actually. The spider nest in the deep roads reminds me of Baldur's Gate 2, is it intentional ? I only had a tiny issue with the dialog that comes with the signpost tracing gift : I had the dialog not with Gorim but with Cullen o_O I checked, Gorim was not right behind Cullen, they were well away from each other.

PS : I get an error every time I try to endorse. I'll try again sometime soon.

Edit : file endorsed =)

Edited by Spidercat, 19 October 2010 - 10:09 PM.

DraconicMorphine

DraconicMorphine

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Well just letting you know this is a great mod but there is a bug with the epilogue. When the epilogue plays and your reading what happen with everyone once it get to orzammar and talks about their king. It took me back to where my PC is standing in front of the two guards where they take me to go outside and see my public and it kept doing it so i had uninstalled the mods i had to see which one it was. It went to normal when i had deleted this one. But other than that this mod is fun especially since i get to invite cullen!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.879 seconds