Lings permissions

cdo947214

Do I need permission to use the hairstyles in Lings Coiffure for my mod? I tried to contact the creator, but the message didn't go through.

You can do whatever you want with whatever assets you want as long as you do not upload the results to the nexus. For that you need permission not only from the author of Ling's Coiffure, but from every author whose work is used in Ling's Coiffure. Those authors are listed in the Credits that is downloaded with Ling's Coiffure.

You can upload a mod that requires the user have Ling's Coiffure already installed so that your mod can use the assets of Ling's. You would need to list Ling's Coiffure as a necessary file for your mod do work properly.

I noticed that the creator of Lings Coiffure was banned, yet there are other mods that require Lings. How were they able to get permission?

The original creator of Ling's Coiffure was not banned, but there was a controversy over some content in a mod and the author removed Ling's and all the other mod's that were uploaded under the member's name.

You do not need permission of a mod author to make that author's mod a requirement for a mod you would upload.

Simply put, if you upload a mod that requires the user to have Ling's Coiffure installed so your mod works correctly, you do not need the author of Lings permission.

If you upload a mod that contains assets from another mod, you need that mod author's permission, unless the mod author states otherwise on the mod page or ReadMe.

Also, there is a notice on the Lings Finer Things mod page regarding permissions.