Building a stable and pleasant Skyrim experience

pistolouco

Hey Guys! i'm complete lost, trying to figure out the best way to mod the game :confused: .I can't take anymore counteless hours experimenting, reading reviews, posts and tutorials. I just wanna to plaaaay :wallbash: !

So i'm doing this very last effort and asking here : Which programs(resources, etc) besides from usual mods, do i need to use nowadays to have a more stable and pleasant skyrim experience? Any one from the list below ? Others maybe ? I'm already using Mod Organizer, Wrye Bash, Tes5Edit, Loot and SKSE.

Thanks in advance! :happy:

SSME

ENBoost

Skyrim memory patch

HiAlgoBoost

injectSMAA

Safety Load

IObit Game Booster

my rig

Mem 16 Gb Ram

Video HD 7850 2Gb - 1920 x 1080

Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz

Edit: I found this guide -Skyrim Stability Guide- http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244/? which helps with ENBoost -Skse-Safety load and Skyrim Memory Patch.It doesn't cover the other programs though.
Edited by pistolouco

Unfortunately there isn't any Skyrim AIO total overhauls that combine a whole lot of mods into one. The stability enhancing mods are mainly of use if you are installing HQ textures (eg 2K resolution) onto your system.

The latest version of SKSE has the memory patch built into it. Install it since lots of mods require it. It patched the Skyrim Exe in memory so you need to load it first. Add the following to the skse.ini file:

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

Installing ENB is very important too. RealVision ENB is quite good if you intend to use Climates of Tamriel and ELFX. It is very demanding though (it will halve your framerate with most of its features enabled), so if your system isn't high end you can just disable the graphical effects and just retain the memory enhancment section, by changing the following to False in enbseries.ini

[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=true

You don't need to patch Skyrim anymore to make it large Address Aware, this feature was enabled a long time ago. Leave HiAlogo boost out for the moment; only use it if you are having frame rate issues. Some ENBs like RealVision are configured to call upon a SMAA injector by default, and have it included. SMAA is the best for since it has very little performance impact. It is enabled in the enblocal.ii file:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=d3d9_smaa.dll

Disable antialiasing & anisotropic filtering in Skyrim's options if using ENB, and enable it instead in ENB (or force AF x16 in your graphics card driver).

If you have a bit of patience, download Texture Pack Combiner and the mods listed on its page. Extract then as specified and it will create a very nice selection of retextures. Some other useful mods at the start are Vurt's Flora Overhaul and SkyUI.

For best performance make sure you have a graphics card with 2GB RAM and install Skyrim ona SSD to halve load times. happy modding.

Edited by arahat

Unfortunately there isn't any Skyrim AIO total overhauls that combine a whole lot of mods into one. The stability enhancing mods are mainly of use if you are installing HQ textures (eg 2K resolution) onto your system.

The latest version of SKSE has the memory patch built into it. Install it since lots of mods require it. It patched the Skyrim Exe in memory so you need to load it first. Add the following to the skse.ini file:

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768

ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

Installing ENB is very important too. RealVision ENB is quite good if you intend to use Climates of Tamriel and ELFX. It is very demanding though (it will halve your framerate with most of its features enabled), so if your system isn't high end you can just disable the graphical effects and just retain the memory enhancment section, by changing the following to False in enbseries.ini

[GLOBAL]

UseEffect=true

You don't need to patch Skyrim anymore to make it large Address Aware, this feature was enabled a long time ago. Leave HiAlogo boost out for the moment; only use it if you are having frame rate issues. Some ENBs like RealVision are configured to call upon a SMAA injector by default, and have it included. SMAA is the best for since it has very little performance impact. It is enabled in the enblocal.ii file:

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=true

InitProxyFunctions=true

ProxyLibrary=d3d9_smaa.dll

Disable antialiasing & anisotropic filtering in Skyrim's options if using ENB, and enable it instead in ENB (or force AF x16 in your graphics card driver).

If you have a bit of patience, download Texture Pack Combiner and the mods listed on its page. Extract then as specified and it will create a very nice selection of retextures. Some other useful mods at the start are Vurt's Flora Overhaul and SkyUI.

For best performance make sure you have a graphics card with 2GB RAM and install Skyrim ona SSD to halve load times. happy modding.

Really thanks! I would never figure it out by myself .