nudity vs violence

envoy23

18+ and MA game makers and censorship seem to be ok with cutting throat, blowing off body parts, etc, but when it comes to nudity, its not supported ? so its ok to be gross but not nude ?

TV's have parent control password, why not games ? Don't get me wrong, I can handle the gross violence

but adults contents to me implies > violence, sex and nudity :)

Am playing fc 4 atm, I can cut throat, slaughter animals, skin the animals (grossssssssss) but so far 1 topless

scene with the boobs tattooed over wtf?

Since I found nexus with their great modders, my xbox collects dust. and I can play games like fallout, Vegas, Skyrim with adult contents :) and hopefully fc 4 when the mods get posted

I am not an old perv (well maybe a little :) ) but if the game needs or has gross violence then I am guessing its rated 18+ or MA then don't treat us as kids > bring on the nudity :).

welcome to today's double standards. you mention Far Cry 4, and i respond: Saints Row 4? Fallout 3/New Vegas? hell, even the GTA franchise! so...yeah, it's ok to pick up a hooker's services on your way to picking up a drug dropoff and then smash them to a pulp with a baseball bat to take her money...but god forbid they show a nipple in the proccess! ...oh, but in australia, Rockstar had to disable the suspension shaking of the cars during the scene...because it was "inmoral" LOL!

but one could say, yeah, the aussies have it bad, but citizens of the US also have to worry about overzealous, self-righteous “family values” groups who treat media as if it’s a disease to be cured, and seek to strip responsibility away from consumers and legislate babysitting. The Mass Effect “Sexbox scandal” is indicative of the kind of ignorant bullshit these pricks are capable of pulling – vilifying a game because it has a tasteful sex scene which would have barely pushed a film from PG-13 to R

http://i.imgur.com/1CCvgep.jpg

Oh the horror! Kids who shouldn’t even be playing this game might start to think that sex between consenting adults is natural! And one of them is blue! Interracial sex even!

but not everything is lost, my friend. Rebellion, the developers of Alien vs Predator gave the australian government this gem:

“we will not be releasing a sanitised or cut down version for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices.”

burrrrn!

the game itself was horribly mediocre, but that another topic. the important thing is how game developers, more often than not tend to fold to the ridiculous demands of certain groups that usually have no idea what they're talking about. (who in their right mind can think "turning on" a console can be a sex scandal? ...that's right only them)