Morrowind mod suggestions?

Pumpkinbot

Long story short, I want to play Morrowind, but there's just a few things that completely ruin it for me. Any chance there's mods that fixes these?

-Miss chance. I stabbed the guy. He was less than a foot in front of me. Don't tell me I missed because of some arbitrary chance system. Really, all this does is mean I have two things in control of me aiming: me actually aiming, and a random number generator. Funnnn...

-Spells failing. Same as above, mostly, but it also just baffles me that even mages HAVE to care about our stamina.

-Non-levelled mobs. I expect to get chewed out for this one. I don't like wandering into a cave and seeing a mudcrab that one-shots me, whereas mudcrabs further south are trivial. Why? It's still just a stupid mudcrab. This is a big issue for me. Makes alternate start moss useless, since I'm level 1 in a level 17 area.

-Pitch-black caves. I literally cannot see anything inside caves. Does it make sense? Sure. But it means that I'm severely hindered if I'm using a shield, or a two-handed weapon. Gameplay-wise, that's just a terrible idea.

I'll add more if I can think of anything else. It's been a while since I played Morrowind,

Edited by Pumpkinbot

GCD = Galshia's Character Developement - changes a lot of things but makes it so that when you're playing a tank, even a low level one, you have a good chance of connecting with your sword. Same goes for mage type characters. Drawback is that it makes playing jack-of-all characters much much harder prefering to give you better bonuses based on the skills/class you choose in chargen.

My caves have never been pitch black but faik there aren't any mods that focus specifically on relighting them either. I suggest a torch. As for a deleveler for the game, I'm pretty sure I remember a few "oblivion like" mods coming out after that game released but I'm a morrowind player so had no interest in them.

Check Morrowind Nexus and Browse around is where i found most of these.

You'll Find Most Of These In Gameplay and Changes I Believe :pirate: :pirate:

I've checked around the Nexus already, but couldn't really find anything. I'm more curious what other people are using.

Also, Why Do You Have To Freaking Capitalize Every Word? That's just annoying and hard to read. >.<

GCD = Galshia's Character Developement - changes a lot of things but makes it so that when you're playing a tank, even a low level one, you have a good chance of connecting with your sword. Same goes for mage type characters. Drawback is that it makes playing jack-of-all characters much much harder prefering to give you better bonuses based on the skills/class you choose in chargen.

My caves have never been pitch black but faik there aren't any mods that focus specifically on relighting them either. I suggest a torch. As for a deleveler for the game, I'm pretty sure I remember a few "oblivion like" mods coming out after that game released but I'm a morrowind player so had no interest in them.

I'll take a look at GCD, though I'd much rather have -no- chance of that RNG miss. And yes, torches are a thing, but if I'm using a shield, 2H, or bow, I'm screwed, because I can't hold the torch. Archery is my favorite playstyle, and it also requires...seeing, so I'm more or less going to have to completely avoid caves.

De-leveller mods were the first thing I looked for, but I couldn't find a thing. :T I was hoping for a specific recommendation, heh.

Long story short, I want to play Morrowind, but there's just a few things that completely ruin it for me. Any chance there's mods that fixes these?

-Miss chance. I stabbed the guy. He was less than a foot in front of me. Don't tell me I missed because of some arbitrary chance system. Really, all this does is mean I have two things in control of me aiming: me actually aiming, and a random number generator. Funnnn...

<snip>

emptythe's Combat Experience - Depth Perception (there are others which have attempted to remove Morrowind's mechanic but they're from what I understand problematic).

<snip>

-Spells failing. Same as above, mostly, but it also just baffles me that even mages HAVE to care about our stamina.

<snip>

Don't think you'll get something for this. There was a mod posted on here recently which made all spells Always Succeed, but it had some unforeseen consequences.

Check out Gluby's Comprehensive Guide to Magicka and Spell Effect Mods for some compensating mods (magicka regen, cast cost reduces with skill etc.)

These next two I don't really get, what mods are you running currently?

<snip>

-Non-levelled mobs. I expect to get chewed out for this one. I don't like wandering into a cave and seeing a mudcrab that one-shots me, whereas mudcrabs further south are trivial. Why? It's still just a stupid mudcrab. This is a big issue for me. Makes alternate start moss useless, since I'm level 1 in a level 17 area.

<snip>

Oblivion introduced that level scaling malarkey. In Morrowind you'll get normal mudcrabs and diseased mudcrabs (which are slightly tougher). That's it. They don't increase in level with the player.

There are lots of mods which add new critters (e.g. Piratelord's Creatures) or tougher, and weaker, variants of the standard creatures (e.g. Mephisto's Creature Pack).

What you seem to be describing though.... Doesn't sound like vanilla to me.

<snip>

-Pitch-black caves. I literally cannot see anything inside caves. Does it make sense? Sure. But it means that I'm severely hindered if I'm using a shield, or a two-handed weapon. Gameplay-wise, that's just a terrible idea.

I'll add more if I can think of anything else. It's been a while since I played Morrowind,

Again, this sounds like you've got a mod running like True Lights and Darkness or something. People add mods to get dark caves where they have to carry a torch. Vanilla Morrowind? Not pitch black.

[Edit: Tag fail and also Morrowind Modding History for any mods that Gluby's guide has a dead link for]

Edited by Dragon32

Huh, I coulda sworn that was all vanilla. My memory's a bit foggy on the enemy strength, though. I just know I followed the main storyline (with no mods that touched player/enemy strength in any way), even took a break to grind when the guy in the first house told me to do so, came back a few levels later...and proceeded to get two-shot by a necromancer or something on a bridge on my way to the next objective.

I remember installing an alternate start mod, chose the "shipwreck" option, and once I got out of the shipwreck and onto land, I got massacred by some form of lowly wildlife, like a wolf or skeever or something. Kicking myself for not remembering what it was called. I think I was far to the north.

Huh, I coulda sworn that was all vanilla. My memory's a bit foggy on the enemy strength, though. I just know I followed the main storyline (with no mods that touched player/enemy strength in any way), even took a break to grind when the guy in the first house told me to do so, came back a few levels later...and proceeded to get two-shot by a necromancer or something on a bridge on my way to the next objective.

I remember installing an alternate start mod, chose the "shipwreck" option, and once I got out of the shipwreck and onto land, I got massacred by some form of lowly wildlife, like a wolf or skeever or something. Kicking myself for not remembering what it was called. I think I was far to the north.

If the alternate start was on Solstheim then that's the Bloodmoon expansion. The creatures there are high level and are probably too much for a starting character.

[Edit: And that necromancer sounds mod-added to me]

Edited by Dragon32

If the alternate start was on Solstheim then that's the Bloodmoon expansion. The creatures there are high level and are probably too much for a starting character.

[Edit: And that necromancer sounds mod-added to me]

Nah, wasn't started on Solstheim. Maybe it wasn't to the north, I dunno.

And after searching around the UESP, I think it was Snowy Granius that killed me. I was level two or three, and I was a Dunmer thief. Light armor, blade, sneak, etc.