Using Beginners Guide. Ran into some trouble. Need help. (I am a newb)

Hawk7777

I am 100% new to modding. So I found this beginner's guide here and started going through the steps.

Here is the guide I am using: (by tony971) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56894/?

Step 6

Specifically, step 6.11

11. Go to your Nvidia Control Panel or Catalyst Control Center and turn vsync and anisotropic filtering to "application controlled" for Skyrim.

Intel graphics users are already configured correctly by default.

I went to Nvidia Control Panel.... not sure where to find vsync and anisotropic filtering

Also, we tried adding some basic mods. The Race Menu and Show Race menu mods. But now we cant even get the game to start.

---------------------------------------------------------e ------------

Old

---------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: It was the "old" part of the Steam.exe that was throwing it off. I deleted "old" from it, and it worked.... There may be more questions to come.

Step 2 is giving me some difficulty

2.3 "Delete everything except the SteamApps folder and Steam.exe."

Many things would not delete (until I restarted my comp. See below). And "Steam.exe" is called "Steam.exe.old" on my computere. (Not sure if that matters)

I went ahead and deleted what I could then continued on to 2.4 & 5.

4. Create a new folder somewhere like C:/Games/Steam/ or D:/Games/Steam/.

5. Copy the SteamApps folder and Steam.exe file to the new directory.

For 2.4 I litterally when to my c drive and created a new folder; named it "Games." Then in Games I created another folder and named it "Steam." I am assuming that is what it meant??

I then did 2.5. I copied SteamApps folder and Steam.exe.old to the new folder I created. C:/Games/Steam

2.6 Delete the originals and launch Steam.exe.

For 2.6 I restarted the computer and then was able to delete everything from the /Steam/. (including the stuff that would not delet previously)

7. Verify the integrity of game cache for all of your installed games.

When I went to verify this is what happens:

I click on the Steam icon and I get the following message:

"Problem with Shortcut. The item 'Steam.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly."

If I click Steam.exe.old it tells me "Windows can't open this file."

How do I get into Steam to complete step 2.7?

Thanks!

Edited by Hawk7777